I used to hide icons with sbsettings and open/find them with the search thing but now you can't even find them in search if you hide the icon.
    02-22-2013 07:25 PM
    sure its a bug and not just settings you have?
    like in the actual settings menu... do you have search for apps enabled?
    02-22-2013 10:34 PM
    02-22-2013 10:37 PM
    i wonder if they did it on purpose or if its a bug.
    maybe email them through app.
    i know that you can enable the apps to be located in the "dock" of sbsettings, like once you open the dropdown box there is an icon for dock, maybe it puts them there automatically now? or you may have to just purposefully put them there.
    02-22-2013 11:16 PM
    That would suck, but no - they dont put them there automatically now.
    02-22-2013 11:22 PM
    I used to hide icons with sbsettings and open/find them with the search thing but now you can't even find them in search if you hide the icon.
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    I use it to hide apps which I don't use and which I don't want to see ever again, like weather, stocks, compass etc.

If you want to hide them but still use them, just put them in folder inside a folder with FolderEnhancer or FoldersInFolders. I have a folder for reference apps, which I don't launch manually, which opens with other links or apps, like Navigation Apps, YouTube, Fantastical etc.
    02-23-2013 09:17 AM
    I think what op is saying is that on ios4 and 5 you could still search for the app even if you used the poof feature.
    Maybe something that flex could work around or an ifile on off switch
    02-23-2013 01:50 PM
    It's not a bug, it's a feature
    I use it to hide apps which I don't use and which I don't want to see ever again, like weather, stocks, compass etc.

If you want to hide them but still use them, just put them in folder inside a folder with FolderEnhancer or FoldersInFolders. I have a folder for reference apps, which I don't launch manually, which opens with other links or apps, like Navigation Apps, YouTube, Fantastical etc.
    I don't think you're right there. In-fact, when you hide the SBSettings icon, it says you can still find the app in search. This has always been how poof worked, standalone or using sbsettings. You could find the app by searching for it. It's called 'hide icon', not 'disable app'
    02-23-2013 03:45 PM
    I think what op is saying is that on ios4 and 5 you could still search for the app even if you used the poof feature.
    Maybe something that flex could work around or an ifile on off switch
    Yes, you are correct. you could always do this in ios 4 and 5
    02-23-2013 03:46 PM
    I don't think you're right there. In-fact, when you hide the SBSettings icon, it says you can still find the app in search. This has always been how poof worked, standalone or using sbsettings. You could find the app by searching for it. It's called 'hide icon', not 'disable app'
    haha I know that, that was just a gag -.-

Hiding Icons Using SBSettings and the Bug-its_not_a_bug_its_a_feature_card-p137081274885571207envwi_400.jpg

I also used it in iOS4 & 5, but I don't miss the hidden apps
    02-23-2013 05:06 PM
    Looks like someone else is having the same issue http://modmyi.com/forums/general/817...den-icons.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-24-2013 04:28 PM
    I see them just fine in my search?
    02-24-2013 04:30 PM
    And you have iOS 6.1 and evasi0n jailbreak and are hiding those icons? Show us please.

02-24-2013 04:36 PM
    I'll admit, I never knew they were searchable though. I hide apps I'm not interested in seeing. Hitting home, swiping left a tab, and typing in the name is more work than throwing together a folder and swiping to the folder, isn't it?
    02-24-2013 04:40 PM
    Not to be an a**, but debating on why someone wants something done when the thread is about what they need done is pointless.

02-24-2013 04:43 PM
    Not to be an a**, but debating on why someone wants something done when the thread is about what they need done is pointless.

No more pointless than demanding screenshots that wouldn't help your situation.
    02-24-2013 04:56 PM
    Ok boys, put em away.

Maybe it's a tweak conflict.

Could you disable everything except sbsettings and then do a search?
    02-24-2013 05:10 PM
    Yep, tried that. Thanks. Even tried deleting everything including SBsettings and downloading just poof

02-24-2013 05:13 PM
    Hey, I just use "Lockdown Pro" (=LDP) from Cydia, which has an option to hide apps.

But it's just like with SBSettings, the apps which you select to hide are gone. You can't see them and you can't find them. Even if you search with the Spotlight search. But LDP offers you an option to see an launch all hidden apps from the settings app in the LPD section. Apps which are hidden because of LPD aren't shown as hidden in SBSettings.

My "solution" is Activator. I just created a menu in Activator where I list all apps which I just use in some special cases, but not everyday, such as maps, soundhound, Scanner, Calendar, TextExpander etc.

So all apps which I don't use like many stock apps are completely gone, apps which I just use in special cases can be launched via an activator gesture and you only have apps you actually use :3

ψ(`∇)ψ
    03-01-2013 04:44 AM