I now love Activator

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I am now in love with Activator. It is actually the first time in all my time JBing that I have ever used it. I have become addicted to using the app switcher but hate double tapping my home button because it is a physical button and will eventually wear out. Well it dawned on me to try assigning an action in Activator so I assigned a swipe up from the bottom of the screen, like I wish Apple would impliment. It works so smoothly and now I don't have to tax my home button anymore as long as things stay stable.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ha... I love activator.

I use a few things:
tap and hold the status bar to simulate the sleep/awake button
double tap the status bar to envoke Message+
Swipe up for the task switcher (Zephyr)

There a few more but those are my main ones

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Activator is something I know I'm not using to its full potential. I like the Switcher gesture mentioned above, and I use a shake to skip songs on Pandora, but that's about all. How about some suggestions? What are your top 3 or 4 most used/useful Activator tweaks?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
(Prepares for 3cit to appear to rant about chpwn)

It appears that my work is already done!

I too love activator, did you all know that activator comes bundled with sbsettings? ;)
My home button is on its last legs so I too have a similar set up as ipheuria. I still forget a lot though and smash my home button for a few seconds…

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I found the swiping up from the bottom although nice it's not as easy on my phone, I have the Lifeproof case. So I re-assigned it so that double tapping the taskbar will bring up the app switcher. 3cit I did that repeatedly this morning until I finally got the hang of double tapping the taskbar. The fun part will be when iOS 7 comes out IF I decide to update I'll be double tapping the taskbar for awhile until I get used to the stock way lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Activator is something I know I'm not using to its full potential. I like the Switcher gesture mentioned above, and I use a shake to skip songs on Pandora, but that's about all. How about some suggestions? What are your top 3 or 4 most used/useful Activator tweaks?

Just think of actions you do ALL the time and that is what you want to make more simple

Home screen - double tap taskbar to bring up app switcher
In app - double tap the taskbar to bring up app switcher

Thinking about doing
Home screen/In app - swiping across taskbar gives me wallpaper settings

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Miine right now are super-simple; the only one that is kind of interesting is that I have Take Screenshot mapped to Volume Buttons>Down Short Hold, because otherwise it can be difficult to take screenshots of my lockscreen with notifications on it, which is something I do often to illustrate themes I'm working on.

Another cool Activator note: to see all your assigned actions at once, go to Settings>Activator>Assignments.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I use activator to bring up my bitesms quick compose by double tapping status bar and single tap for sb settings. But I use Zephyr for closing out of apps with swipe up from bottom of screen bi love it. I virtually never have to hit home button again. A must have tweak IMHO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh