This entire thread was started on the premise(s) of baseless assumption(s) stated as questions....
    Or, just questions and curiosity from someone interested in thoughts and feedback from others. You'll need to help me out here, because I wrote the original post with no assumptions at all, just wondering out loud if there was a relationship between Apple's iOS release timing and the release of a Jailbreak tool. I thought it might stir up friendly speculation and/or genuine information from people with experience and knowledge on the subject. I was not expecting such aggressive responses.
    02-24-2013 04:23 PM
    When you're a *****, people tend to be less than passive with you.

If you're curious, when things are explained, it's best not to argue them. Doing so makes you come off as quite the *****.

In order to reach the "questions" you had, assumptions were necessary. Your inability to be aware of the assumptions doesn't prevent them from existing.
    02-24-2013 04:26 PM
    You're getting feedback... you just don't like what you're getting.

To ask the questions means you had to make the assumptions...
    02-24-2013 04:27 PM
    Which goes back to the saying if it ain't broke don't mess with it. Some choose not to update and some do..

Being mine is a work device I don't want any loop holes which is how the JB works....

Jailbreaking your device eliminates security layers designed to protect your personal information and your iOS device. With this security removed from your iOS device, hackers may steal your personal information, damage your device, attack your network, or introduce malware, spyware or viruses.

I don't understand why people feel Apple is out to get them patching JB on iOS releases.... It's a security issue....
    While this can be true, it's a bit disingenuous to say. There ARE tweaks that do open up your phone to more of a risk. They're not included in the default jailbreak package.

The "security risk" created existed prior to the jailbreak. The jailbreak isn't deleting your iOS, rewriting it, and then jailbreaking it. It is making use of what is already there. Suggesting the phone is safe prior is ignoring that in order for a jailbreak to exist, it must first have security issues in the first place.

The primary purpose for the security measures that are disabled are not to protect the device. Many of the developers that work on jailbreak apps would be happy to post those apps in the App Store instead. The restrictive nature of the App Store is what is being protected by the security measures you speak of.

I don't understand why people feel jailbreaking is a security issue while pretending the phone was free from harm prior to the jailbreak.
    02-24-2013 04:38 PM
    Another point to the reverser engineering side of things, planet being has explained in pretty good detail how they did what they did, and why they did it.
    It'a not even a case of reverse engineering anymore!
    kch50428 and talkin73 like this.
    02-24-2013 04:44 PM
    Another point to the reverser engineering side of things, planet being has explained in pretty good detail how they did what they did, and why they did it.
    It'a not even a case of reverse engineering anymore!
    Didn't comex post within 24hrs that he found what evasi0n was doing? It's not exactly a secret Apple hired him just for these purposes.
    02-24-2013 04:47 PM
    Comex quit apple mid October last year
    02-24-2013 10:59 PM
    Apple Is Beta-Testing An Update That Kills Evasi0n Jailbreak - Forbes -- iOS 6.1.3 beta2 recently released to developers....
    02-25-2013 02:40 PM
    LOL!! All this Conspiracy Theory talk makes me grubby. I'm getting myself a 'Pineapple Upsidedown' Cake
    02-28-2013 07:11 AM
    all I want to know is if I update to 6.1.3 will that do away with my jailbreak? I have no problem with the way my phone is performing . I am at 6.1.2 right now
    03-21-2013 09:49 PM
    all I want to know is if I update to 6.1.3 will that do away with my jailbreak? I have no problem with the way my phone is performing . I am at 6.1.2 right now
    Yes it will. Stay on 6.1.2 like me.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    03-22-2013 01:13 AM
    Ok thanks a lot I will stay put
    03-22-2013 08:32 AM
37 12