jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My bite sms has been working great until there was an update tonight and the quick reply is now using black text and im using the bite liquid theme so you cant see anything in the window unless you open up the whole conversation, help please!

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Have same issues. I can't see any updates in Cydia.

I had the beta repo thats what gave me an issue, downloaded and update from there, then they released another update last night installed it, everything works good then drleted the repo

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It was for joju, also why would you delete the repo seeing as they put a fix out hours after they realized they made a mistake?
Seems like a of repo to have laying around

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It was for joju, also why would you delete the repo seeing as they put a fix out hours after they realized they made a mistake?
Seems like a of repo to have laying around

Sorry about that, i deleted it so it wouldnt happen again, then i thought better and added it back this morn

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue as well with Bite. When I get a message and use quick reply and start typing it is blank like the letters are white it works fine if open or if type and send it does send what type. Just can't see what typing as I do it. I tried to change theme and uninstall and re install. Nothing is working any help would be appreciated.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue as well with Bite. When I get a message and use quick reply and start typing it is blank like the letters are white it works fine if open or if type and send it does send what type. Just can't see what typing as I do it. I tried to change theme and uninstall and re install. Nothing is working any help would be appreciated.

i think that happened with the second to last update, where for whatever reason the qcqr came themed with black text on a black background. try and update your bite again savagmj

joju58

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your tip 3cit, i did added repo, then updated BiteSMS and all is fine now. I appreciate your help!!!

Last edited:

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i think that happened with the second to last update, where for whatever reason the qcqr came themed with black text on a black background. try and update your bite again savagmj
I had updated with the latest update. Also tried reinstalling and still same thing. How do you add the repo could that be the problem?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
To add specific repos open cydia, go to cydia, then manage, then sources, then edit, then the plus key. Then add repo

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What version of BiteSMS are you running? you can see it by clicking the gear and then do the about. Are you running one of the BiteSMS themes?

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
What version of BiteSMS are you running? you can see it by clicking the gear and then do the about. Are you running one of the BiteSMS themes?
Running version 7.4 beta 9 no themes just the default.

Also 3cit I don't see any themed in qc or qr

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so when you reply using the qr/qc feature you cant see any text until you press the send button?
can you typer a bunch of text in the field and then "select" it using the long hold?
im just trying to get a sense wether there is a lag issue, or there is no lag and just the text is coming up as white, making it "invisible" against the white background...
savagmj do you have ifile?

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1361573171.255449.jpg

This is what it looks like had one of default themes have changed back to stock one same issue.

No I don't have ifile

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 27294

This is what it looks like had one of default themes have changed back to stock one same issue.

No I don't have ifile

That's not stock.
I think you have white text on a white background.
You need to fix your plist.
Change the theme to one of the themes in bites main menu and then see if that solves the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox