Lockinfo 5 BIG update out now!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
How did you get the transparency to work? I can't find the setting for it!

General->Appearance. Must be on latest beta.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
After setting the transparency to all clear, i am still seeing a faint grey line below the filter bar. Is anybody else experiencing this effect? Thanks in advance for your input.

You can just make the grey slider box transparent with winterboard themes, but I don't know how to remove this grey line. I also want to remove the lines between calendar events. I already searched the LockInfo image files, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe I missed it, but I think it could be also a be programmed or in any bundles.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
General->Appearance. Must be on latest beta.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Thanks for mentioning. I don't have the beta repo installed so only seeing final versions. I've looked COR that setting but didn't see it there.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Use the recent version of LI5, it solves both problems :p

First of all, you can make the font smaller, so you get a lot of more calendar events and notifications on your lockscreen

Second, you now have the option to set the transparency of your lockscreen

Just look at my new Lockscreen with LI5 ;)
I'm just lovin it :p
View attachment 27122

PS: Don't forget that you can still invoke the Weather widget and the slider with an swipe up on the left side of the bottom banner
PPS: There are also some other new features, like showing today and tomorrow events, like in LI4

I just changed the font from small to large to extra large. The font size does change but there is the exact same number of calendar events on the screen because the box around each item doesn't change in size only the text font size inside the box. That is my gripe. Also, no transparency settings on the most recent full version in cydia.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning. I don't have the beta repo installed so only seeing final versions. I've looked COR that setting but didn't see it there.

You will not see it unless you install the beta. The repo is: apt.dba-technologies.com/beta/

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just changed the font from small to large to extra large. The font size does change but there is the exact same number of calendar events on the screen because the box around each item doesn't change in size only the text font size inside the box. That is my gripe. Also, no transparency settings on the most recent full version in cydia.

Transparency is beta only. Repo is http://apt.dba-technologies.com/beta/

mbc7107

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The latest build removed the faint grey line and left the filter bar icon. Thanks Ashman for the updates, which have been free so far for those who purchased LI4. Very generous on his part.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Transparency is beta only. Repo is http://apt.dba-technologies.com/beta/

Thanks. Just added repo and installed. What he calls transparency I'd call "tint". I believe the opposite of transparent is opaque. What happens on my iP5 when I move the slider from one end to the other is a shift from no color behind the letters to a darkened tint (not opacity) which is somewhat better for visibility but not what Ashman used as transparency (if I recall correctly) in LI4. In that implementation, less transparent resulted in more opaque, not merely tinting.

I do like that smaller fonts make the calendar event boxes smaller, but not by much, IMHO. There is still a LOT of wasted screen space, particularly compared to how compacted he made things in LI4. Someone else said this previously, but Ashman's biggest competitor is himself with LI4. The calendar view, for instance, now looks more like ISX and less like LI4 which, to me, is a bad things because I thought that was a huge screen real estate waster with their calendar view... much better with mail and social network screens but the calendar left much to be desired. I find it hard not to compare to LI4 and see what is missing from LI5 :-(

Very grateful that he seems so responsive with regular updates and listening to user feedback AND has not charged for an upgrade.

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Installed the 5.1.2-165 beta this morning, and was stuck in Safe Mode. Removed the beta and installed the stable version 5.1.1-153, and all seems good now. Only other changes I've made recently were installing Auxo yesterday and upgrading Winterboard this morning.

The half-price sale for LI5 ends tomorrow, so buy now if you're going to!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR