Lockinfo 5 BIG update out now!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This looks like the biggest update yet for users who wanted to bring back some of the Lockinfo 4 features. It's out in Cydia now, check some of the changes here: LockInfo 5

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Poor ashman? makes great tweak, can't rewrite his own tweak because the first one was so great!

mbc7107

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I hope the infoshade reappears and can be called upon as needed on the lockscreen and the filter bar disappears, in order for there to be a clean lockscreen. I prefer LI5 to ISX but that filter bar kinda rubs me the wrong way, i feel it doesn't need to be there constantly.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I though the "consolidated" mode was info shade, in that you could recall and dismiss all windows at once?
I haven't installed it yet, learned just from watching your poor ios6 guys go crazy!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I hope the infoshade reappears and can be called upon as needed on the lockscreen and the filter bar disappears, in order for there to be a clean lockscreen. I prefer LI5 to ISX but that filter bar kinda rubs me the wrong way, i feel it doesn't need to be there constantly.
You can just use the Consolidated view, which doesn't have any filter bars.
Some people actually like the filter bar :D

Now he just need to reintegrate or rewrite the Plugin feature from LI4 :rolleyes:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I though the "consolidated" mode was info shade, in that you could recall and dismiss all windows at once?
I haven't installed it yet, learned just from watching your poor ios6 guys go crazy!

tumblr_m8qhfvRv091r207kmo1_r3_500.gif

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I though the "consolidated" mode was info shade, in that you could recall and dismiss all windows at once…

haha I don't know, but I think we talk at cross purposes xD

LI5 shows all Widgets and Notifications on the Lockscreen just like in the NC with the Consolidated View.
What is the difference to InfoShade? I always had LI4 installed and used the InfoShade, the only difference was that I had plugins in LI4, but the InfoShade is just like the NC

mbc7107

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The consolidated layout doesn't work for either, I would like to be able to call up the widgets in an infoshade swipe manner, respond to notifications as they came in, and have a clean lock screen to admire. Too much to ask u think? I liked ISX's swipe down feature but not the way one couldn't respond to mail without using the NC. Too many swipes to delete or to classify mark as read.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The consolidated layout doesn't work for either, I would like to be able to call up the widgets in an infoshade swipe manner, respond to notifications as they came in, and have a clean lock screen to admire. Too much to ask u think? I liked ISX's swipe down feature but not the way one couldn't respond to mail without using the NC. Too many swipes to delete or to classify mark as read.

+1 on consolidated view. I could see how it might work for some, but I'm not digging it. I like having my notifications take priority and swiping to reveal calendar and other widgets. Once I realized that "widget" was any notification center add-on I wanted to have in any order I wanted to have it, this became a lot more useful. I'm okay with the bar that is there, but if he could allow it to be easily called up, say, with a second press of the home button (as an option) or some very unobtrusive manner, I think that would work as well for me. I found the original version of LI5 more and more to my liking as I used it over time. It did take getting used to but it is feature rich and useful for how I like to manage info.

I do NOT like that the calendar has such large blocks of space for each event... makes me think of ISX which seems so wasteful with space on the calendar view... like you could get twice as much data in the same physical space and still be easy to view and distinguish one event from the next. LI5 has that excessive gap between events that leaves me having to scroll just to see 10 events. With both my calendar apps (3rd party) on a single iP5 screen I can see 20+ events. I think LI4 had options to alter the spacing between items listed on the infoshade which would be great to see brought back to LI5. Also would like to have options on changing opacity of the background for the NC and widgets screens... transparent can be problem viewing depending on what your LS photo looks like :-(

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 on consolidated view. I could see how it might work for some, but I'm not digging it. I like having my notifications take priority and swiping to reveal calendar and other widgets. Once I realized that "widget" was any notification center add-on I wanted to have in any order I wanted to have it, this became a lot more useful. I'm okay with the bar that is there, but if he could allow it to be easily called up, say, with a second press of the home button (as an option) or some very unobtrusive manner, I think that would work as well for me. I found the original version of LI5 more and more to my liking as I used it over time. It did take getting used to but it is feature rich and useful for how I like to manage info.

I do NOT like that the calendar has such large blocks of space for each event... makes me think of ISX which seems so wasteful with space on the calendar view... like you could get twice as much data in the same physical space and still be easy to view and distinguish one event from the next. LI5 has that excessive gap between events that leaves me having to scroll just to see 10 events. With both my calendar apps (3rd party) on a single iP5 screen I can see 20+ events. I think LI4 had options to alter the spacing between items listed on the infoshade which would be great to see brought back to LI5. Also would like to have options on changing opacity of the background for the NC and widgets screens... transparent can be problem viewing depending on what your LS photo looks like :-(

I second the transparency, as my lockscreen is dark and the black see-through banners/background make it look like crap. I haven't been able to fix that yet, and oh have I tried. Hopefully we will be able to fix that again, someday.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I second the transparency, as my lockscreen is dark and the black see-through banners/background make it look like crap. I haven't been able to fix that yet, and oh have I tried. Hopefully we will be able to fix that again, someday.

I thought that transparency was covered in the other thread, those methods didnt work for you?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought that transparency was covered in the other thread, those methods didnt work for you?

Nope. It removed some borders but the black shade still appeared, since there is a background behind all the weeapps, and massie's doesn't work with LI. I may just email David Ashman and beg for it. :)

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What about the new theme that just dropped?
I forget the name but something like invisible for 6.1, or transparent for 6.1?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did try it but still nada. Maybe someone will figure something out. I can hope.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Use the recent version of LI5, it solves both problems :p

First of all, you can make the font smaller, so you get a lot of more calendar events and notifications on your lockscreen
Second, you now have the option to set the transparency of your lockscreen

Just look at my new Lockscreen with LI5 ;)
I'm just lovin it :p
2013-02-20 10.17.10.png

PS: Don't forget that you can still invoke the Weather widget and the slider with an swipe up on the left side of the bottom banner
PPS: There are also some other new features, like showing today and tomorrow events, like in LI4

mbc7107

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
After setting the transparency to all clear, i am still seeing a faint grey line below the filter bar. Is anybody else experiencing this effect? Thanks in advance for your input.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
After setting the transparency to all clear, i am still seeing a faint grey line below the filter bar. Is anybody else experiencing this effect? Thanks in advance for your input.

Yes me too, it's a part of lockinfo (since it goes away when i turn it off). Still I am a lot happier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73