iPod 4 is stuck on the apple boot logo

mr_crud

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My jailbroken iPod 4 is stuck on the apple boot logo, it randomly gets darker and then brighter again. It happened because I tried installing a bunch of stuff from Cydia at once and then this happened after I tried to respring. Normally, I would restore it, but I can't because I have to sync it to iTunes, which I can't do because it needs me to put in my password on the device, which I can't do. I tried putting it into recovery mode, but it is completely unresponsive in this state. I can't think of any information to add, but if you think you can help and want to ask a question go ahead.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Force shut down by holding home and power for 15 seconds.
Hold volume up when rebooting device.
This will put you in safe mode. Go and uninstall that last batch of tweaks you installed.

Here's a trouble shooting guide I wrote for future reference:

jailbroken-fix-all-guide

mr_crud

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't seem to work, the screen goes black when I hold the home and power button, but it instantly comes back on without me doing anything. I tried pressing the volume up button while it was supposedly turning on but it did nothing :/

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well do you have ifunbox installed?
if so you might be able to still get to the file structure, and delete that last round of tweaks you installed., which might help you boot back regularly...
it is odd that it attempts to turn itself back on right away after the force shutdown...

its also odd that the volume up while booting doesnt get you to a safe boot...
maybe try again a few times, and just be super ready to hold volume up for a good 3 minutes.... and immediately after you successfully force shut it down with "power and home"

mr_crud

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I held the volume button for well over 3 minutes, and still nothing happened. And I'm not sure what ifunbox is, and I don't have it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you by any chance install openssh???
On your phone?
This is quite the problem!!!
iTunes won't let you restore unless the phone is unlocked??

mr_crud

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Ya I don't know what that is either :p And if it matters, it's not an iPhone but an iPod. iTunes won't sync wit the iPod at all unless I unlock it from the lock screen, there's no way to bypass this?!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well try to put it into dfu mode, which technically speaking should be able to be accomplished from any state.
The method I prefer is to plug the iPod into the pc, then power it down. Then as soon as it is off, hold power down for three seconds, then while still hold power down, press and hold the home key for ten seconds, the release the power button but continue to hold the home button? this should put you into dfu mode which is a "heightened" state of restore mode, should force iTunes to restore iPod, (restore as new to be safe).
This should work even with your iPod in the state it is in

mr_crud

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
It's updating now! Thank you so much for the help; To think my friend offered to buy it for 14$ Since it was "broken". It also said on your guide that I wouldn't be able to re-jailbreak?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well you can definitely rejailbreak.
maybe at the time that i wrote that guide there was no way to jailbreak ios on certain devices.

but currently all devices on all ios's can be jailbroken! so jailbreak away...
just go slowly with the tweaks, like one or two at a time...
usually the safemode method will save your device.
but if something goes wrong you know where to come for help!!

mr_crud

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'll be sure to check your guide. Also not that I think it matters, but I made a mistake; It wasn't downloading tweaks that caused this, but changing theme settings in winterboard.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner