I have an iPad and it is stuck in restarting Springboard for over an hour. My home button does not work so I cant do a hard reset is there any other way to power down? I have BiteSMS and still getting pop up but i can not get to home screen. Tried holding down power button but wont turn off. I am trying to not have to restore then i will lose the jailbreak and all the things i have updated.
    02-17-2013 10:32 AM
    I read it wrong... Thought it was a continuous thing. When you get the bite notice can you reply or respond? Or slide to the open button? So that the app will open? holding the power down long enough for the "slide to power off" switch to appear doesnt work? you MAY have to just let the battery die.
    Then when that eventually happens, hold the volume up key while rebooting the device and that will put you into safe mode which SHOULD help you reboot your device get to cydia.

This is why I personally recommend activator. You can set an activator gesture to enter safe mode, like a three, four or five finger pinch. And you will immediately respring into safe mode where you can trouble shoot whatever is causing your problem.

Here's a troubleshooting guide

jailbroken-fix-all-guide

Fixed activator
    Last edited by 3cit; 02-17-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    02-17-2013 10:54 AM
    Hold down the volume up button and all your mobile substrate apps/tweaks will be disabled. Then you will be able to delete whatever caused it.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    02-17-2013 10:54 AM
    I read it wrong... Thought it was a continuous thing. When you get the bite notice can you reply or respond? Or slide to the open button? So that the app will open? holding the power down long enough for the "slide to power off" switch to appear doesnt work? you MAY have to just let the battery die.
    Then when that eventually happens, hold the volume up key while rebooting the device and that will put you into safe mode which SHOULD help you reboot your device get to cydia.

This is why I personally recommend sbsettings. You can set an activator gesture to enter safe mode, like a three, four or five finger pinch. And you will immediately respring into safe mode where you can trouble shoot whatever is causing your problem.

Here's a troubleshooting guide

jailbroken-fix-all-guide
    You can actually set an Activator action to enter Safe Mode without sbsettings installed. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?
    02-17-2013 11:08 AM
    i can reply within the the pop up if i hit open then it doesnt do anything stays on restarting spring board. I am at 100% battery so it would take days to power down. All I did was change bite to hide imessage app and when into sbsetting and took off hide imessage app. Then went into sbsetting to respring and now it is stuck.
    02-17-2013 11:13 AM
    You can actually set an Activator action to enter Safe Mode without sbsettings installed. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?
    Yeah you can install activator by itself and set respring actions.
    Just a little clerical error on my part. The part obsessed with sbsettings greatness.
    02-17-2013 05:04 PM
    Yeah you can install activator by itself and set respring actions.
    Just a little clerical error on my part. The part obsessed with sbsettings greatness.
    Who does this guy think he is
    02-17-2013 05:07 PM
    Who does this guy think he is
    Why that's Yoda!?
    3cit likes this.
    02-17-2013 05:15 PM