Anyone know of any that can control which apps use radios when use? And when the app is closed, or screen is locked, the radios cut back off.
    02-16-2013 10:39 AM
    Anyone know of any that can control which apps use radios when use? And when the app is closed, or screen is locked, the radios cut back off.
    hmm I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but there is Cydia app which is called "Firewall iP". It controls which apps and functions are allowed to connect to the internet. You can also use it to limit your data, for example if you have a small data plan. You can decide every time if a something wants to connect or set rules. you can also create blacklists and whitelists. I use it and it works great. People who don't use it don't even know how many app always want to connect to the internet. It's also great to block ads in app, for example I use a free version of a manga reader app which displays ads in the free version. With Firewall iP I can use the app and it blocks the ads, because the app isn't allowed to connect to the internet

Another option would be "SBProfiles", which allows you to set profiles and trigger them in many different ways. You can create time-, location and functionbased trigger for your profiles. You can even mix the conditions to trigger. I set some profiles for morning and evening, which are triggered timebased everyday Mo-Fr. And I created other Profiles, which just change individual settings without changing the whole profile, for example turning WLAN on if I'm at home if I unlock and turning WLAN off if I lock my phone. If I'm not at home it will turn on Data and 3G if I unlock and turn them off if I lock.

I hope it can help you
    Last edited by fb2; 02-16-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    02-16-2013 01:42 PM
    Both of those sound interesting. Soon as I get a moment I'll throw them in and see what happens.

Thanks, bud.
    02-16-2013 03:10 PM