Vodafone Qatar "unlocked" iPhone 5

schmilinsky

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought an iPhone 5 "unlocked" as they said, meaning that you can used with any carrier. However, FaceTime is restricted only for Vodafone, as soon you swap to another carrier as Qtel FaceTime disappear from the telephone. Qtel support FaceTime service

How can I unlock the application to appear when I use Qtel SIM card?

Thru unlocking / jailbreak? Any help is quite welcome...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
When you swap the sim card, are you on wifi or 3g/lte? Some providers restrict facetime when you're not on wifi.

If you're swapping the sim card and getting service, it's unlocked.

If you still can't get facetime, it's possible the my3g jailbroken app might help. But, that requires jailbreaking your phone and purchasing an app. You should try the other solutions first if the facetime is truly all you want.

schmilinsky

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So far, we don't have any restriction as Saudi Arabia. However, since the competition between Qtel and Vodafone, Vodafone have restricted FaceTime in order to get more customers.

Am looking for a solution whether jailbreak or unlock to get FaceTime.

Many thanks...

Gem Malyn

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I am Gem and I work for Vodafone. iPhone devices sold from our stores are SIM unlocked, meaning you can use it with other operators however Facetime feature is exclusive to our network. This is restriction set by Apple.

For more information, please visit:

Vodafone Qatar: iPhone/iPad help:)

Thanks,
Gem

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't springtomize come with some sort of "enable" feature that turns on non existent items?
Like back in the day an iPod didn't have the front facing camera, but springtimize would trick the phone into thinking it has it? maybe that's an option,
Also you could dig around in ifile and look for the the FaceTime app? see if it's a simple toggle flip.

schmilinsky

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for your suggestions, however where do I look for the FaceTime using iFile? Additionally, with springtomize I couldn't find the FaceTime. I really appreciate your kind guidance

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah springtimize was a bad idea I realized after I looked further into it! But with ifile, navigate back to root, then choose applications and look for FaceTime.app
So /applications/FaceTime

schmilinsky

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Despite your indications, I couldn't find FaceTime. It seams that FaceTime install when a Vodafone SIM card is inserted, like a code directly from apple in my phone.

Either way, if there nothing to do on order to get FaceTime, there are others applications similar to it that works better.

Thanks anyway