How to manually install cydia on ios 6.1

androidalais

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been having some problems with the jailbreaking tools. evasi0n won't install cydia although it jailbreaks the phone, and rednow keeps giving me the missing keys error. I DON'T want to restore. all i need is a way to install cydia.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How come evasi0n didn't succeed? Did you run the evasi0n app that the tool puts on the device? It's usually on the next page on the homescreen.

androidalais

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I jailbroke using the tool and when it prompted for me to push the icon i did. And when my phone rebooted after jailbreaking it had the evasi0n logo and said "setting up cydia" and some other stuff involving cydia. I have tried a few different times and it is always the same outcome.

precious001200

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Guys pls.help me, i installed update hider but it keeps crashing on my device so i uninstalled it, but since ive done that whenever i open cydia it keeps on prompting a database message with red fonts saying "You exceeded the nuber of package names this apt is capable of." I tried to view my packages but its empty,also if i search Cydia nothing comes out..Guys please help me, I dont oniw what to do with this...Thank you in advance :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Please don't restore.
Please post a screenshot of the error
Message and I will tell you EXACTLY what to and it will take three seconds and you won't have to restore

ALSO 2 guys above me.
Please please please stop telling people to restore.

tracycarlos

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I jailbroke my ipad 2 with evasi0n. After a few hours I tried installing app cake but it was taking too long so I switched it off by pressing home button via assistive touch. But then cydia froze and nothing worked. Even the assistive touch is frozen! So I deleted cydia through ifunbox box. Please help me install cydia back! My ipad won't restore by iTunes or factory reset! But my ipad is working fine. Please help!!

tracycarlos

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I jailbroke my ipad 2 with evasi0n. After a few hours I tried installing app cake but it was taking too long so I switched it off by pressing home button via assistive touch. But then cydia froze and nothing worked. Even the assistive touch is frozen! So I deleted cydia through ifunbox. Please help me install cydia back! My ipad won't restore by iTunes or factory reset! But my ipad is working fine. Please help!!

Apocaflipz

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Missing cydia

hay so i had cydia but as i was deleting some packages i miss read ended up removing cydia from my ios 6.1 how do i get cydia back, my vvshare wont install my downloaded games anymore :( would appreciate any help

AhmedTariq

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
My iphone4 ios 6.1 is semitethered without cydia.
How can i install cydia? I've tried jailbreaking with evasion but it doesn't work and redsnow say you are missing the following keys.
Need help plz :(

M8kupgrl

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, wondering if you (or anyone) may have a suggestion for me? On my Mac, I jailbroke a 3gs using Redsnow on an iPhone with a baseband that was downgraded to 5.13.04. Somewhere in the jailbreak process, Cydia stopped working and keeps crashing upon launch. I had it working initially, but not long enough to download anything I needed. I had to use a friend's Windows laptop to do part of the software installation initially because I couldn't get all of the programs I needed to download on my Mac. Should I try to borrow that Windows computer again to install Snowbreeze? I've been at this for days, so lost and frustrated now :( Any help would be SOO greatly appreciated!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, wondering if you (or anyone) may have a suggestion for me? On my Mac, I jailbroke a 3gs using Redsnow on an iPhone with a baseband that was downgraded to 5.13.04. Somewhere in the jailbreak process, Cydia stopped working and keeps crashing upon launch. I had it working initially, but not long enough to download anything I needed. I had to use a friend's Windows laptop to do part of the software installation initially because I couldn't get all of the programs I needed to download on my Mac. Should I try to borrow that Windows computer again to install Snowbreeze? I've been at this for days, so lost and frustrated now :( Any help would be SOO greatly appreciated!

After you installed Cydia, did you reboot your phone?

cbm303

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bring back an old forum, but I am having trouble with my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.

It was jailbroken with evasi0n and I tried removing everything on it to sell it jailbroken instead of upgrading to 7.0.1 first, and I must have erased a package I shouldn't have in Cydia. There is no longer a Cydia icon but one jailbreak app remains "RecordMyScreen". Evasi0n says my device is already jailbroken and does nothing when I hit jailbreak again. I cannot seem to get Cydia back.

I tried alt click and restoring from a 6.1 IPSW and that returned a 3004 error on Mac and a 3194 error on PC . Any ideas WITHOUT plugging it in and restoring to iOS 7? Please and thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner