What Great Cydia Tweak Do You Think Is Overlooked?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I once used Color keyboard and applied the black MacBook Pro keyboard on my iPhone. It worked perfectly, I just had to switch the "y" and "z" keys, because I used the QWERTZ keyboard. But anyway, there was also an option to change the popups, which I did. you could just replace the popup picture files with transparent png files.

Yeah that results in "creepy skeleton letters" popping!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360919840.713814.jpg

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I love f.lux, I use it on all my devices. Another favorite of mine is showcase, which makes the keyboard show if you're in caps or not. I also recommend accelerate/nitrous for a speed combo you cannot believe.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I love f.lux, I use it on all my devices. Another favorite of mine is showcase, which makes the keyboard show if you're in caps or not. I also recommend accelerate/nitrous for a speed combo you cannot believe.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Just tried f.lux and really what it does. Seems incompatible with Backlight Dimmer Toggle. If I have f.lux on and try to toggle, it just quickly goes back to the brightness of f.lux settings :-( Anyone able to make these two work?

Also, do you know if Accelerate causes any problems on iP5 or battery drain in general? I would assume so but don't know exactly what it's doing or how that would effect battery life...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just tried f.lux and really what it does. Seems incompatible with Backlight Dimmer Toggle. If I have f.lux on and try to toggle, it just quickly goes back to the brightness of f.lux settings :-( Anyone able to make these two work?

Also, do you know if Accelerate causes any problems on iP5 or battery drain in general? I would assume so but don't know exactly what it's doing or how that would effect battery life...

I use both, no issues.
I'm on a ip4 5.1.1
Flux has issues for me when I respring, it'll be in the "disabled" state even though it is enabled, I just have to do a quick double tap to fix it.
But I confirm that the two together work fine

princexman

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
iSmart Dialer was one of my favorite apps on my iPhone 4. It's how making a call should be. Just dial the first couple letters of who you are calling and it finds the contact number. You could also send texts and emails with it. I hate how you have to scroll through your contacts to dial a number with the native dialer. I'm just waiting for this app to be compatible with my iPhone 5 on 6.1 then I'll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I use both, no issues.
I'm on a ip4 5.1.1
Flux has issues for me when I respring, it'll be in the "disabled" state even though it is enabled, I just have to do a quick double tap to fix it.
But I confirm that the two together work fine

Thanks for confirmation. Must be something other than f.lux causing the problem. When I activate the light toggle to the nighttime mode, it gets dim, then steadily increases in brightness right back to where it was at (takes about 3 seconds). I can try turning on/off over and over and the problem continues. I don't have any profile applications set other than Backboard but deleting the saved profile didn't fix the issue. Still just gradually increases brightness back to baseline :-(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Tutorial for modding iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.1 keyboards

There are minor differences. First of all: SAVE ALL FILES YOU WANT TO CHANGE OR REPLACE!

First of all, the path to the keyboard files is: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIkit.framework

If you are on iOS 5.1.1, you have to select your keyboard plist file, which you want to mod.
I used the german keyboard on iOS 5.1.1, so my keyboard plist file was called "Keyboard-de.plist"

If you are on iOS 6.1, you can't chose the keyboard you want, because the whole keyboard structure was changed. You have to mod the default keyboard file. It is called "Keyboard-default.plist".

If you open the files with iFile, you can chose between text editor and plist editor, unless you want to add a new character or hot key which doesn't exist, you should use the plist editor.

On iOS 6.1 and on iOS 5.1.1 you have to select a chacter. I recommend characters like "&" or "?" or "$".
Then open the directory in iFile. There are 3 fields:
  • Direction - sets the direction in which the popup will open. It's always only "left" or "right"
  • Keycaps - Thats what you see in the popup on you keyboard, if you hit and hold a speciific key. it should be maximal 3 characters
  • Strings - Thats the character or word, which will be pasted

You can only select one word without spaces. If you want to add more individual words, you have to use spaces.

Example:
Direction: right
Keycap: Bt AP TM
Strings: Bluetooth AirPlane TimeMashine

That's it. Save the file and do a Respring. After that you can paste them evertime you hit and hold the modded button on you modded keyboard.

Have fun :)

Optional for iOS 5.1.1:
On iOS 5.1.1 you have also the option to every key you want. For example I used the character "P" for my passwords. If you hit "P" and hod it, nothing will happen. You shouldn'e use a character which already has other forms like "a", "i", "c" etc. If you also want to set it on a character like "P", you have to add it manually. So open the keyboard file with the text editor in iFile. Copy the whole text from one letter, for example from "C".
It starts with <key>Roman-Accent-C</key> ..... and it goes to </dict>
Then replace the "C" with an "P", it should look like this: <key>Roman-Accent-P</key>
Then peplace the Keycaps and Strings just like I described it for iOS 6.1 and iOS 5.1.1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361001726.733870.jpg

This freakin guy!!!!!!!
How did you ever find this out!!!!
You're brilliant!!!!
I wish I could thanks again! I'm gonna be up all night adding shortcuts!!!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I also want to add on to this little f.lux train we got going on in here.
This tweak is the bees knees!

When I first got it I was like "ugh this DOES NOT work for me", but because I respect the opinions of some people here do much I forced myself to stick with it for a few days because they spoke so highly of it.
Now I can't even look at my phone in bed anymore if flux isn't on!!!
You really don't realize how much it strains your eyes, until it's not straining your eyes!!!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also want to add on to this little f.lux train we got going on in here.
This tweak is the bees knees!

When I first got it I was like "ugh this DOES NOT work for me", but because I respect the opinions of some people here do much I forced myself to stick with it for a few days because they spoke so highly of it.
Now I can't even look at my phone in bed anymore if flux isn't on!!!
You really don't realize how much it strains your eyes, until it's not straining your eyes!!!

Exactly. Now everybody install it on all available things, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac etc. :p

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Tutorial for modding iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.1 keyboards

There are minor differences. First of all: SAVE ALL FILES YOU WANT TO CHANGE OR REPLACE!

First of all, the path to the keyboard files is: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIkit.framework

If you are on iOS 5.1.1, you have to select your keyboard plist file, which you want to mod.
I used the german keyboard on iOS 5.1.1, so my keyboard plist file was called "Keyboard-de.plist"

If you are on iOS 6.1, you can't chose the keyboard you want, because the whole keyboard structure was changed. You have to mod the default keyboard file. It is called "Keyboard-default.plist".

If you open the files with iFile, you can chose between text editor and plist editor, unless you want to add a new character or hot key which doesn't exist, you should use the plist editor.

On iOS 6.1 and on iOS 5.1.1 you have to select a chacter. I recommend characters like "&" or "€" or "$".
Then open the directory in iFile. There are 3 fields:
  • Direction - sets the direction in which the popup will open. It's always only "left" or "right"
  • Keycaps - Thats what you see in the popup on you keyboard, if you hit and hold a speciific key. it should be maximal 3 characters
  • Strings - Thats the character or word, which will be pasted

You can only select one word without spaces. If you want to add more individual words, you have to use spaces.

Example:
Direction: right
Keycap: Bt AP TM
Strings: Bluetooth AirPlane TimeMashine

That's it. Save the file and do a Respring. After that you can paste them evertime you hit and hold the modded button on you modded keyboard.

Have fun :)

Optional for iOS 5.1.1:
On iOS 5.1.1 you have also the option to every key you want. For example I used the character "P" for my passwords. If you hit "P" and hod it, nothing will happen. You shouldn'e use a character which already has other forms like "a", "i", "c" etc. If you also want to set it on a character like "P", you have to add it manually. So open the keyboard file with the text editor in iFile. Copy the whole text from one letter, for example from "C".
It starts with <key>Roman-Accent-C</key> ..... and it goes to </dict>
Then replace the "C" with an "P", it should look like this: <key>Roman-Accent-P</key>
Then peplace the Keycaps and Strings just like I described it for iOS 6.1 and iOS 5.1.1

This is possibly one of my all time favorite posts. It still works on ios8 and is just an absolutely beautiful tweak. As far as i can tell this is the last remaining tutorial on the internet of how to do this! this should be highlighted somehow!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2