I'm new to jail breaking, what's the simplest and best app to track memory usage?

I think I'm having issues with a few apps (Auxo) and want to see if it hogging my memory.

Thanks
    Ryan
    02-12-2013 11:58 PM
    you are, its auxo

done deal
    sbsettings can tell you ram, there is a way to make it show all the time in your status bar, or just view it from the swipe pop up
    rchartier likes this.
    02-13-2013 12:00 AM
    Ah yeah I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

What does Auxo do that? It's so nice, it'll be hard to go back to regular multitasking again.
    02-13-2013 12:18 AM
    Ah yeah I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

What does Auxo do that? It's so nice, it'll be hard to go back to regular multitasking again.
    well in theory it takes continual "screenshots" of backgrounded apps, so its always running and always taking lil bits of ram. it appears that the dev forgot to write in the code part that releases the memory after its been used.
    so you open up an app, then another and app1 gets backgrounded, auxo keeps taking a screenshot of this app until it goes past background stage into "whatever stage it goes into" where its not really active anymore, at that time that app frees the ram up, however auxo still hasnt....
    meanwhile youve opened up two other apps that get backgrounded that auxo is now continually taking screenshots of, using more ram that it never releases.
    after an hour or so of normal use and app switching auxo has 400 mb of ram taken up, and youre screwed.

however, if you install auxo and then just put your phone to sleep, you wont notice a memory issue, so some people claim to have auxo and their phone on for a few hours and no memory leak, but thats cuz they arent using their phone
    it is real pretty though, for somewhat similar functionality (close all action, dismiss one quickly action, flashlight, brightness controls, volume, music center) take a look at jlauncher
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    02-13-2013 01:17 AM
    Ah thanks for the explanation, so hopefully the Auxo devs change this. Such a beautiful app and it's a shame that it can't be used.

So really I would need to uninstall and reinstall Auxo each day to clear up the memory?
    02-13-2013 04:01 PM
    No, you can just respring when it's too low.
    02-13-2013 04:52 PM
    well in theory it takes continual "screenshots" of backgrounded apps, so its always running and always taking lil bits of ram. it appears that the dev forgot to write in the code part that releases the memory after its been used.
    so you open up an app, then another and app1 gets backgrounded, auxo keeps taking a screenshot of this app until it goes past background stage into "whatever stage it goes into" where its not really active anymore, at that time that app frees the ram up, however auxo still hasnt....
    meanwhile youve opened up two other apps that get backgrounded that auxo is now continually taking screenshots of, using more ram that it never releases.
    after an hour or so of normal use and app switching auxo has 400 mb of ram taken up, and youre screwed.

however, if you install auxo and then just put your phone to sleep, you wont notice a memory issue, so some people claim to have auxo and their phone on for a few hours and no memory leak, but thats cuz they arent using their phone
    it is real pretty though, for somewhat similar functionality (close all action, dismiss one quickly action, flashlight, brightness controls, volume, music center) take a look at jlauncher
    ARRGGHH!! Ok I might bite and try jLauncher
    02-13-2013 05:02 PM
    No, you can just respring when it's too low.
    Jailbreak rookie here, how is that done?
    02-13-2013 05:04 PM
    Depending in what tweaks you have a few ways
    Sbsettings has the option, nc settings has the option, there's a tweak called
    Power. (don't really know) that gives you a respring option. A notification center widget that puts power toggles In NC
    Or you can install activator and assign a gesture for a respring!
    Sorry for all the options, there's just a lot of ways to
    Do it!
    02-13-2013 06:04 PM
    Depending in what tweaks you have a few ways
    Sbsettings has the option, nc settings has the option, there's a tweak called
    Power. (don't really know) that gives you a respring option. A notification center widget that puts power toggles In NC
    Or you can install activator and assign a gesture for a respring!
    Sorry for all the options, there's just a lot of ways to
    Do it!
    No that's great! I'll play around and see which ones for me. Thanks.
    02-13-2013 06:23 PM
    The dev's twitter account states that an update should be released this week, fixing the dreaded memory leak. @a3tweaks if you wanna follow.
    02-13-2013 06:35 PM
    Btw, i recommend switchy, at least until auxo is fixed.
    02-13-2013 11:00 PM
    The dev's twitter account states that an update should be released this week, fixing the dreaded memory leak. @a3tweaks if you wanna follow.
    Ah thanks for the update.
    02-14-2013 08:04 PM
    Ah thanks for the update.
    No problem, the update is out!! Go and get it!
    02-14-2013 08:05 PM