Hey,

I want to remove those ugly grey widget backgrounds. I googled it and searched in Cydia, but I didn't find anything that works.
    Does anyone know how to remove them or make them transparent in iOS6.1 in the Lock Screen and Notification Center
    I attached a screenshot from my Lock Screen where you can see 3 widgets with those ugly grey backgrounds, It would be awesome if I could remove them.

I appreciate every help

Transparent Widget Background?-ls.png
    02-12-2013 06:44 PM
    off topic (my apologies): what is your setup here in the screenshot?
    02-12-2013 06:55 PM
    Look for tweaks or themes that remove "shadows"
    02-12-2013 07:03 PM
    off topic (my apologies): what is your setup here in the screenshot?
    haha no problem

I'm using 'IntelliscreenX 6'
    1. The first widget is from Intelliscreen, which shows themed SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings
    2. The second widget is 'WeeSearchPro' with customized search engines and implemented URL Schemes to send notes to OmniFocus, Drafts search in Google or Wikipedia.
    3. The third widget is 'Forecast', which shows the time in the stock weather widget

I used 'Winterboard' and 'Absolute Transparency' from Cydia to make everything transparent, but the widgets still have those ugly grey backgrounds which I want to remove.
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-12-2013 07:06 PM
    Look for tweaks or themes that remove "shadows"
    hmm... do you have a special tweak or theme in mind?
    It's like looking for a needle in a haystack
    02-12-2013 07:09 PM
    haha no problem

I'm using 'IntelliscreenX 6'
    1. The first widget is from Intelliscreen, which shows themed SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings
    2. The second widget is 'WeeSearchPro' with customized search engines and implemented URL Schemes to send notes to OmniFocus, Drafts search in Google or Wikipedia.
    3. The third widget is 'Forecast', which shows the time in the stock weather widget

I used 'Winterboard' and 'Absolute Transparency' from Cydia to make everything transparent, but the widgets still have those ugly grey backgrounds which I want to remove.
    wow, very nice! are the themed sbsettings toggles included with sbsettings or separate? if not what is the name i can search for?
    02-12-2013 07:13 PM
    It's an isx thing, so I would start in the settings for isx, see if there are any transparency toggles or options about.
    If not, use ifile or ifunbox and navigate to the isx folder and search the folders for .png files that contain the name "shadow"
    or apparently "bg" or "background"
    Last edited by 3cit; 02-13-2013 at 04:48 AM.
    02-12-2013 07:13 PM
    wow, very nice! are the themed sbsettings toggles included with sbsettings or separate? if not what is the name i can search for?
    hmm... thats a little tricky
    It's a customized and combined version of 'EPHD' (Elite Pro HD), 'iRetina' and 'NoteBook'. But you'll get the most from 'EPHD'.
    If you want to use it in 'IntelliScreenX', you have do 2 things. Toggles have an "on" and "off" picture, you have to duplicate them and add "@2x" if you want them to be crisp
    And you have to rename your SBSettings folder with the themed toggles to "Default", because 'IntelliScreenX' uses the default SBSettings toogles.
    And I created some of them by myself, for example the "Do Not Disturb" toggle
    02-12-2013 07:28 PM
    It's an isx thing, so I would start in the settings for isx, see if there are any transparency toggles or options about.
    If not, use ifile or ifunbox and navigate to the isx folder and search the folders for .png files that contain the name "shadow"
    YEAH!!! I found that rat!

His name is "WeeAppBackground"

Every widget has its own "WeeAppBackground"-files. So If anyone else want to get rid of them have to replace these files with transparent versions of it. It's nothing special, but I attach them, so you can use them directly
    Attached Files
    Rockdog97 and 3cit like this.
    02-12-2013 07:45 PM
    Sooo, it took some time, but I found all rats

So this is my new Lockscreen with IntelliScreenX 6 and my widgets and the SBSettings toggles are hidden in the Top Shelve of ISX, which can be unveiled with a swipe down

Here are the paths and the files you need to replace to make everything transparent

System/Library/WeeAppPlugins/StockWeeApp.bundle
    - weeapp_bg@2x.png

System/Library/WeeAppPlugins/WeeSearchPro.bundle
    - Background.png
    - Background@2x.png

Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/IntelliScreenXQuickSettings.bundle
    Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/IntelliScreenXTicker.bundle
    Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/SBSettings.bundle
    - WeeAppBackground
    - WeeAppBackground@2x
    Attached Thumbnails Transparent Widget Background?-clear-ls.png  
    Attached Files
    iDonev, BLiNK and 3cit like this.
    02-12-2013 09:13 PM
    Well, that is some beautiful work on the SBSettings toggles!
    02-13-2013 09:42 AM
    Well, that is some beautiful work on the SBSettings toggles!
    I can give you all informations how it's called and how to get this setup if you're interested. I just don't want to write a long post if nobody want to read it
    02-13-2013 01:41 PM
    I would love to give it a try, but it may be beyond my limited skills!
    02-13-2013 04:25 PM
    Fb2 is going to show you the way!!

Think of it like Legos, you're going to have the pieces, and the booklet, you can make that awesome house with pretty flowers!

It's easy and were all here to help! I'm voting for the instructions, I know one other member already liked it!
    02-13-2013 04:50 PM
    I did follow the instructions for installing the transparency files, but even after both respringing and rebooting, I still have the dark backgrounds. Maybe I missed something? I have a relatively dark lock screen wallpaper, so it's not too noticeable, but when I applied a light wallpaper the boxes are very evident.
    02-13-2013 05:11 PM
    You have a retina display? So you just need to use the files ending in @2x.png
    And you need to replace files in five different folders.
    One file in one folder, a second file in a second folder, then the third file in three separate folders.
    Do you think you did that?
    Maybe he also still has a transparency theme that's helping
    02-13-2013 06:02 PM
    I did follow the instructions for installing the transparency files, but even after both respringing and rebooting, I still have the dark backgrounds. Maybe I missed something? I have a relatively dark lock screen wallpaper, so it's not too noticeable, but when I applied a light wallpaper the boxes are very evident.
    It's just like 3cit said, you have to replace the grey widget background of every widget individually, because the developer/themer of the widget doesn't take the same file, it's always a file in their widget folder. And I use a the Winterboard theme "Transparent Pack iOS 6.1"

That should solve your problem
    02-13-2013 06:43 PM
    I would love to give it a try, but it may be beyond my limited skills!
    The first widget is from Intelliscreen, which shows themed SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings

So you need IntelliScreenX 6 and SBSettings.
    The SBSettings theme which I use is mainly from "EPHD" (ElitePro HD).
    Every SBSettings toggle does have a folder with icons, for example "on.png" and "off.png".
    1. You have to rename them all to "on@2x.png" and "off@2x.png".
    2. After that you have to put the theme in the SBSettings thmes folder.
    3. The path is: /var/mobile/library/SBSettings/theme.
    4. There you have to rename the folder (with the icons you want to use) to "Default", because ISX QuickSettings takes the default SBSettings theme.
    5. Go to settings of the notifications and chose your SBSettings toggles in ISX QuickSettings
    6. Do a respring

I hope it's not overwhelming
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-13-2013 06:53 PM
    fb2 and 3cit, first, thanks for the helpful responses to a newbie. I've followed the instructions closely. I went back in and left only the @2x files, and I applied the Transparent Pack theme. I still have very faint boxes around the ISX widget bar in the drawer and the ISX ticker, and much darker boxes around the weather and SB Settings widgets. That's after respringing. I'm trying rebooting next. Even if I can't get it to work in the end, I appreciate the free tutoring I'm getting here!
    02-13-2013 07:39 PM
    Same result after rebooting. So close....
    02-13-2013 07:50 PM
    Cydia won't let me install Elite Pro HD. Is there another source? I don't mind paying, of course, but want to make sure I get it from a reputable source!
    Last edited by Navmacs; 02-13-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    02-13-2013 07:52 PM
    Same result after rebooting. So close....
    Can you post a screenshot. Then I can tell you exactly what to do

Cydia won't let me install Elite Pro HD. Is there another source? I don't mind paying, of course, but want to make sure I get it from a reputable source!
    It is/was a theme which I bought last year. I customized and mixed parts of it with other themes. That's why you can't download it with iOS6. I just saved every theme.
    02-13-2013 09:40 PM
    fb2 and 3cit, first, thanks for the helpful responses to a newbie. I've followed the instructions closely. I went back in and left only the @2x files, and I applied the Transparent Pack theme. I still have very faint boxes around the ISX widget bar in the drawer and the ISX ticker, and much darker boxes around the weather and SB Settings widgets. That's after respringing. I'm trying rebooting next. Even if I can't get it to work in the end, I appreciate the free tutoring I'm getting here!
    can you explain what files you put into which folders?
    are you using ifile? or ifunbox? or an ssh service?
    02-13-2013 10:02 PM
    OK, the good news is that I found the theme and renamed the icons, uploaded the folder to the phone, etc. I'm getting them set up in the ISX drawer, and it's looking good so far, but ALL of the SBSettings toggle icons are blank (although they are in the EPHD style, they have no actual icons on them). I also seem to be missing a few toggles (airplane, respring and flashlight, among others). I'll have to do some more digging tomorrow....
    02-13-2013 10:23 PM
    I used Cyberduck on my MacBook Pro. I put the files in as follows:

System/Library/WeeAppPlugins/StockWeeApp.bundle
    - weeapp_bg@2x.png

System/Library/WeeAppPlugins/WeeSearchPro.bundle
    - Background@2x.png

Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/IntelliScreenXQuickSettings.bundle
    - WeeAppBackground@2x

Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/IntelliScreenXTicker.bundle
    - WeeAppBackground@2x

Library/WeeLoader/Plugins/SBSettings.bundle
    - WeeAppBackground@2x

I also installed Transparent Pack iOS 6.1. I think I have everything in the right place, but I'll check it all again in the morning and post some screenshots if I can't get it figured out. Thanks again for your help!
    02-13-2013 10:31 PM
36 12