Bad Memory Leaks after JB

smijes

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks- in the end it was lockinfo5. I switched back to isx and no more mem leaks- yes i know some of the tweaks are purely for the novelty of having them- :)

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Start using it. Memory leaks can happen from things going on in the background. The heap calls can also be from actions called while you're working without the proper heap release.

Watching it for an hour isn't exactly a thorough testing.

I keep my free memory displayed on my status bar all of the time, so I constantly see how much is left. There hasn't been any memory leaks or issues since I've started using Auxo vs what I've seen happen for the last few years. I don't use many tweaks, though, so my phone stays pretty well behaved.

After using it for a few more hours since my original post, there is still 563MB of free memory. I still say that it's fine, my heaps are being good.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
dunno what to tell you then Tanbam. It seems to be the fix for most, although not in this case either.

Heap calls? What!?
Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk
Memory leaks come from incorrect programming practices. Don't worry about the details too much. The part of memory that can be called on and used is called the heap. When a program doesn't give the memory back to the heap when it's done using it, it becomes a leak. Apple started using a system that takes care of that automagically so programmers don't have to keep track about a year ago. Was that enough so that it made sense?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just drop the sbsettings window down. Do this by sliding your finger along your status bar. The information is all there.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There's also a setting in the main up under system options for system ram it places the available ram next to your clock in the status bar

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
What is the most effective way to determine if a particular app is leaking memory? In other words, what exact steps would you take, extra apps you would use, settings etc and then procedure you'd follow to determine this with some confidence? The OP said LI5 was her cause but not sure how that was determined... I have LI5 and would like to monitor for the same thing... thanks for any feedback or link to a post that details what I should do above and beyond just seeing the avilable RAM (which I know how to turn on in SBS) which doesn't specifically let you know which apps are lowering RAM or leaking it when there are many running in the background.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Scroll up a few posts to see what I suggested the other user do to give Auxo a bit of a test. That's a good start. The OP most likely removed one app at a time and watched her memory to see what was going on.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Scroll up a few posts to see what I suggested the other user do to give Auxo a bit of a test. That's a good start. The OP most likely removed one app at a time and watched her memory to see what was going on.

Thanks. I was hoping that there might be an app that monitors RAM use by applications to see if it is increasing over time. My old Palm OS devices had something similar to tell you what was hogging memory, 3rd party app. Disappointed there isn't something similar for the iPhone :-(

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was hoping that there might be an app that monitors RAM use by applications to see if it is increasing over time. My old Palm OS devices had something similar to tell you what was hogging memory, 3rd party app. Disappointed there isn't something similar for the iPhone :-(

Go grab OmniStat for Notification Center. It can break down resource usage by app/process. Just don't hit the "Free up RAM" button - you'll be greeted by Safe Mode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh