There's also a setting in the main up under system options for system ram it places the available ram next to your clock in the status bar
    02-12-2013 07:32 PM
    What is the most effective way to determine if a particular app is leaking memory? In other words, what exact steps would you take, extra apps you would use, settings etc and then procedure you'd follow to determine this with some confidence? The OP said LI5 was her cause but not sure how that was determined... I have LI5 and would like to monitor for the same thing... thanks for any feedback or link to a post that details what I should do above and beyond just seeing the avilable RAM (which I know how to turn on in SBS) which doesn't specifically let you know which apps are lowering RAM or leaking it when there are many running in the background.
    02-12-2013 10:40 PM
    Scroll up a few posts to see what I suggested the other user do to give Auxo a bit of a test. That's a good start. The OP most likely removed one app at a time and watched her memory to see what was going on.
    02-12-2013 10:45 PM
    Scroll up a few posts to see what I suggested the other user do to give Auxo a bit of a test. That's a good start. The OP most likely removed one app at a time and watched her memory to see what was going on.
    Thanks. I was hoping that there might be an app that monitors RAM use by applications to see if it is increasing over time. My old Palm OS devices had something similar to tell you what was hogging memory, 3rd party app. Disappointed there isn't something similar for the iPhone :-(
    02-12-2013 10:53 PM
    There may be an app. I've never seen one, but I've never looked either.
    02-12-2013 11:16 PM
    It was Auxo for me. Uninstalled it and life is good again.
    02-12-2013 11:29 PM
    Thanks. I was hoping that there might be an app that monitors RAM use by applications to see if it is increasing over time. My old Palm OS devices had something similar to tell you what was hogging memory, 3rd party app. Disappointed there isn't something similar for the iPhone :-(
    Go grab OmniStat for Notification Center. It can break down resource usage by app/process. Just don't hit the "Free up RAM" button - you'll be greeted by Safe Mode.
    talkin73 likes this.
    02-13-2013 06:15 AM
32 12