To jailbreak iPad or not?

sector107

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I, recently, like most of us, have the new jailbreak. I got the jailbreak on my iPhone 4S, and have been thinking about jailbreaking the iPad. A tech friend if mine says we should always keep a clean device around because we never know what could happen down the path of jailbreak life. I guess I just want some opinions on it. What do you guys think?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
What are you talking about? Clean device?

Here's what will happen for certain during the path of jailbreak life:
6.1 is jailbreakable. It may be a long time until another firmware version has an untethered jailbreak. If you don't do it now, you may never be able to jailbreak that iPad. If, for any reason, you don't want the jailbreak anymore, you can restore it in iTunes and have a "clean" device again - but you may not be able to jailbreak it again depending on future situations.

NPBeck79

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I did a jailbreak in my iPhone 4 but kept my ipad3 without one. Result: I restored my iphone4 and now both are as before. Even though I understand why people jailbreak, I found it too complicated for me. But as already said, you can always restore. So, it's up to you. But in order to avoid any kind of problems that people are telling you that might occur, just make sure to backup your devises before jailbreaking. Whatever happens, you restore from backup and you are ready to go.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A tech friend if mine says we should always keep a clean device around because we never know what could happen down the path of jailbreak life.

No offense to your tech friend, but the reason they gave is the exact reason why you should jailbreak! For all we know that might be the last jailbreak ever!

That said, if you don't feel the need for a jailbreak right now, just save your SHSH blob and APTicket in case you ever change your mind.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you should jailbreak. Back up regularly, maybe even every night? Just for your own comfort. If jailbreak ever goes wrong you can restore as new, then restore from backup and it'll be like the jailbreak never existed and you will have all your important school stuff. A jailbroken device is just as stable as a stock device.
It's the tweaks you add that make it unstable!
Keep it minimal, you might forget your jailbroken! Go nuts with tweaks and you'll have a few headaches and but a totally unique awesome "MiDevice" (thanks sameer!)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I, recently, like most of us, have the new jailbreak. I got the jailbreak on my iPhone 4S, and have been thinking about jailbreaking the iPad. A tech friend if mine says we should always keep a clean device around because we never know what could happen down the path of jailbreak life. I guess I just want some opinions on it. What do you guys think?

A lot of people don't see why they should jailbreak their iPad. The don't like themes and "just" read with their devices.
I do the same. I mainly use my iPad just to read books, mangas and listen to music. Sometimes I google something and show my family and friends some pictures, but that's it. Why should I jailbreak my iPad?

Because it's very comfortable.

I have tweaks installed which makes everything easier. To name just a few:
  • f.lux - it makes the color of your display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
  • NoLockScreen - Instantly goes to the homescreen and skips the Lockscreen
  • ActionMenu - A lot of more options systemwide
  • WeeSearchPro - search Google, Google Picture, Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Amazon, eBay a every other site from notification center
  • Springtomize - Almost change every aspect of your device, from Statusbar, dock until icon size and font
  • FolderEnhancer - Opens folder over the whole screen, which really great on the iPad
  • AdBlocker - removes all Ad's from safari, browser and a lot of apps (awesome)
  • Emblem - Get Notifications in Growl style, just like on your mac
  • MountainCenter - launch the notification center just like in mountain lion on your mac with two finger from the right side, looks great, works great and can be customized
  • FullForce - a Must-have tweak on every iPad, it makes/forces iPhone/iPod apps to iPad apps, which is great for apps like WeekCal or Facebook Messenger
  • RetinaPad - that's also a Must-Have for iPads, Once installed you’ll notice that the iPad will display clean graphics without pixelation on every iPhone app. Together with Fullforce it's just amazing. Even on the iPad Mini, which doesn't have a Retina Display :p

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My jailbroken mini is my new best friend. With retinapad and full force, accelerate and nitrous, my mini is faster and prettier than my old retina iPad (and much more portable). Bite makes texting easier, and with sbsettings I can toggle my data on and off as needed. And I haven't even gotten to the aesthetics yet.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I spend a lot more time on my big beautiful iPad 4 than I do with my iPhone 4s, so it was an easy decision to jailbreak the iPad. It also serves as a good test platform for tweaks I'm considering for the phone, since it has more screen space for closer examination, and it resprings/reboots much faster in case of problems. It's also much easier to enter my purchase info into Cydia on the iPad's bigger keyboard. 😝

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What if I'm using the device for school docs? And as buggy as jailbreak can be should i even bother?

If the iPad is the sole source of your docs, your tech friend needs to find a new field for not giving you useful advice. You never want one piece to be the sole location of your work, clean or otherwise. You should be, at a minimum, keeping a copy of those files in one of the many cloud/storage sites you can easily get access to. The device being "clean" or jailbroken has little to do with the safety of your files.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My jailbroken mini is my new best friend. With retinapad and full force, accelerate and nitrous, my mini is faster and prettier than my old retina iPad (and much more portable). Bite makes texting easier, and with sbsettings I can toggle my data on and off as needed. And I haven't even gotten to the aesthetics yet.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

I totally agree, I also switched my iPad3 with an iPad Mini and it's just amazing with (and also without) Jailbreak :D

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I would do it too!...and I did! My iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 are both Jailbroke and running fine. Only issue I've had is a weirdness with BiteSMS on iPhone, but no issues with iPad. Like "Tanbam" said, you can always connect to iTunes and "Blink" it back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh