Nitrous + Accelerate = HOLY CRAP!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Nitrous + Accelrate = HOLY CRAP!

Same here.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I'm assuming these are both compatible with iOS 6.1, can someone confirm?

I know Accelerate is, JB my cousin's 4s this weekend. He said it was so slow so I installed it for him just to see what all the fanfare was about. I was impressed but still wouldn't install it on any of my phones for the same reasons I already listed. My cousin loved it though and using it for two days it was rock stable. He didn't want to pay for Nitrous but this was enough for him. He buys a new iPhone every model anyway so I figure if it does anything bad he'll have a 5s when it comes out anyway 😂

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I tried %hooks law and loved it until I opened my contacts app on iPad and saw the messed up graphics. Contacted Ryan (dev) and he said its very experimental if there are problems remove it.

I used nitrous towards the end of my iPhone 4 life and it was great. Haven't found the need on my iPhone 5.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I just realized I misspelled "Accelerate" in the title of this thread. It makes want to stick a pencil in my eye.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I just realized I misspelled "Accelerate" in the title of this thread. It makes want to stick a pencil in my eye.

On a computer, you can edit original post, choose advanced, then edit title

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nitrous + Accelrate = HOLY CRAP!

I have %hooks law, Accelerate and Nitrous installed and it really does seem so much faster. Very nice tweaks.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a tweak to make banner notifications quicker? Not necessarily their animation, (that's why I installed accelerate but it didn't help) but to reduce the amount of time they are on your screen for?

Also, I took accelerator down to "sprinter" because apps were crashing on me too.

uc4life

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Holy cow. I second that. I slowed down to cheetah as Ferrari just seemed unnatural. Cheetah is much fast enough my phones with these two hacks is more than the fastest phone on the planet it's like on steroids amazing

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
how about the battery life?.is there any negative issue of the battery?

I don't know if it's true, but the Dev and some people said changing the animation speed won't change anything because the phone will actually do the same, it won't speed up your system. But I'm not sure if Nitrous affects the battery life. I'm not even sure if Nitrous really works, everyone says it's awesome and there are a lot of videos and pictures of speed tests, but I never really tested it. Nonetheless it's always installed xD (somehow ignorant)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's true, but the Dev and some people said changing the animation speed won't change anything because the phone will actually do the same, it won't speed up your system. But I'm not sure if Nitrous affects the battery life. I'm not even sure if Nitrous really works, everyone says it's awesome and there are a lot of videos and pictures of speed tests, but I never really tested it. Nonetheless it's always installed xD (somehow ignorant)

I'm wondering how you could really tell for sure if Nitrous is doing anything and what apps it's accelerating. I thought it was just for web apps?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Accelerate just speeds up the animation, but you have a little "lag" (if you want to call it lag) after the animations is done, but the app is not open (just a example). On iOS6 it looks awesome, but on iOS7 it's looks ugly because the stock animations and their speed are cool (just my opinion). Everyone has to decide himself/herself which speed looks good

Not just web apps, also apps which use this web app windows structure (WebKit) like Google Chrome, Facebook App etc. (if I'm thinking right).

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Accelerate just speeds up the animation, but you have a little "lag" (if you want to call it lag) after the animations is done, but the app is not open (just a example). On iOS6 it looks awesome, but on iOS7 it's looks ugly because the stock animations and their speed are cool (just my opinion). Everyone has to decide himself/herself which speed looks good

Not just web apps, also apps which use this web app windows structure (WebKit) like Google Chrome, Facebook App etc. (if I'm thinking right).

exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's a little more useful explanation :p

Nitrous Developer said:
It's mostly useful for web-oriented apps that load JavaScript from the internet, but lots of apps are also built using JavaScript that is actually stored and run on the device, and Nitrous will speed those up too.

This is particularly true for apps built using cross-platform frameworks like PhoneGap, so that only one app needs to be developed for both iOS and Android. Some examples are here: http://phonegap.com/app/

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to dial back accelerate significantly in order to stream video using my TimeWarner App. If I kept Accelerate at Ferrari or a Cheetah, the video stream would stall and lock up. Turning it back to only a slightly faster than normal setting solved the problem.

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Nitrous in the description only effects JavaScript in Chrome and FaceBook to equal the speed of safari. Accelerate says it works best on ios 6 and doesn't even say anything about ios 7 and hasn't been updated. So Nitrous is probably worthless unless your using chrome and want to speed up Facebook mobile.

NoSlowAnimations is made for ios 7 and does the same as accelerate it just speeds up animations.
FakeClockup does the same as the above two. Has not been released officially for ios7 but has been confirmed to be working fine on it.

I wish Ioverclock would be released for ios 7 it was the only true overclock the device app I know but this was back in the ios 4 and 5 days. Speed Intensifier is another one I forgot before I had my recent lag issues after a bad move with a wrongly spelled repo I stacked noslowanimations with speed intensifier and my IP4 was running and loading fast fast like a 4S or a 5 in comparison

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Nitrous in the description only effects JavaScript in Chrome and FaceBook to equal the speed of safari. Accelerate says it works best on ios 6 and doesn't even say anything about ios 7 and hasn't been updated. So Nitrous is probably worthless unless your using chrome and want to speed up Facebook mobile.

NoSlowAnimations is made for ios 7 and does the same as accelerate it just speeds up animations.
FakeClockup does the same as the above two. Has not been released officially for ios7 but has been confirmed to be working fine on it.

I wish Ioverclock would be released for ios 7 it was the only true overclock the device app I know but this was back in the ios 4 and 5 days. Speed Intensifier is another one I forgot before I had my recent lag issues after a bad move with a wrongly spelled repo I stacked noslowanimations with speed intensifier and my IP4 was running and loading fast fast like a 4S or a 5 in comparison

That's not completely true, it's not just for the Chrome and Facebook app, it also speed up up a lot of other apps too. The description I posted before wasn't somewhere from internet, it's from the developer himself. I just asked him what the tweak really does and which apps get the speed up. Obviously he can't create a list of all apps which gets a speed up, but that's a summery:

Nitrous Developer said:
It's mostly useful for web-oriented apps that load JavaScript from the internet, but lots of apps are also built using JavaScript that is actually stored and run on the device, and Nitrous will speed those up too.

This is particularly true for apps built using cross-platform frameworks like PhoneGap, so that only one app needs to be developed for both iOS and Android. Some examples are here: http://phonegap.com/app/

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm running noslowanimations on an ipad air ios 7.0.4
Whhhoooooosssshhhhhh.
One of the beet cydia tweaks I've seen since the start of the j/b scene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73