Nitrous + Accelerate = HOLY CRAP!

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok I thought this deserved its own thread. User Iry757 mentioned it in another thread (thank you!!) and I tried it out.

I. Am. Blown. Away. It's like LTE speeds for your operating system, except faster. Unbelievable!

1. Buy and download "Nitrous"
2. Download "Accelerate"
3. Pick your jaw up up off the floor.

Last edited:

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nitrous + Accelrate = HOLY CRAP!

Try %hooks law holy cow talk about quick!! The percentage sign is not a typo either

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I think it may be even faster, i have nitrous installed as well though and i like how smooth it is

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I already had nitrous from my 4S but with that on my iPhone 5 and accelerate--it's amazing.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: Nitrous + Accelrate = HOLY CRAP!

Had to chime i here... Laelipoo mentioned this combo in a thread and I installed both. +1 to jaw on the floor. +2 to the frenetic jiggly mode insanity... I had to disable that in the settings because I thought I would get a seizure if I tried to delete an app :eek: I'm surprised this isn't talked about by more people. Do people just not know about these apps? Haven't tried them yet? The LTE for your OS is the best analogy though I think it's even better than that (whatever that would actually look like ;-) and I only have it set on ferrari speed... I'm scared to try any faster cuz my iP5 might explode :cool:

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

How much of a battery hit do folks see with these installed? Trying to gauge what role they are playing in my current battery life on an ip5...

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I haven't seen much difference at all, honestly. I thought I would. Surely, there must be a downside to having these running, but I haven't found it yet.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Wow it's almost too fast!! Lol. What setting do you guys have. I have Ferrari

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

my first line of thought as a PC gamer and regular Overclocker(OCer). Is this sounds as if it's overclocking the CPU? GPU? I know what can happen when doing that so if that is the case it's no thanks for me. I'm just saying that was my first thought.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

my first line of thought as a PC gamer and regular Overclocker(OCer). Is this sounds as if it's overclocking the CPU? GPU? I know what can happen when doing that so if that is the case it's no thanks for me. I'm just saying that was my first thought.

What concern do you have about how it might effect the device?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

My thinking is that if the device was capable or running that fast why wouldn't Apple ship it like that? Overclocking will decrease the life of whatever components are being OCed, CPU, GPU, memory and it also makes them run hotter. So my concern would be it killing any of the components prematurely, the device locking up when gaming from overheating. This is all my personal opinion and the reason I wouldn't use it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

While it is way cool to OC a PC, how much benefit are you really getting by OC'ng your phone? Just playing devils advocate here :)

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

This is insane. I love how fast this is. I do see some battery drain but so what, it feels worth it.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Well, I've noticed something over the last few days. Sometimes I'll open apps and they will load for about two seconds, then send me back out to the home screen. I just turned off these two tweaks and resprung and everything is opening fine.

I figured this crazy speed might be too good to be true.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

It's not overclocking anything. It's just speeding up animations to make the phone appear faster. It won't affect battery life.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

After doing some troubleshooting, I have narrowed my problem down to Accelerate. Many apps would shut down within a couple seconds, but when I disable/uninstall Accelerate the problem goes away.

It's a bummer. I was really enjoying the speed boost!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Weird. I haven't had any issues, and my battery life has been great, though I don't have it on the highest setting by any means.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal