Don't know password for Encrypt iPhone Backup!

aaimbrogno

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to jailbreak but I can't do it with the backup encrypted...anyway I go to iTunes to turn it off, and it asks for the password.

The problem is I don't remember setting this up. I never put a password in there, and if I had, it would have been one of the passwords I use, and it's none of those. I'm not usually the type of person to forget setting something like that up, or to forget my passwords.

Is there any way around this? Any ways to retrieve a lost password? Can I uninstall/reinstall iTunes? Any help would be appreciated...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to jailbreak but I can't do it with the backup encrypted...anyway I go to iTunes to turn it off, and it asks for the password.

The problem is I don't remember setting this up. I never put a password in there, and if I had, it would have been one of the passwords I use, and it's none of those. I'm not usually the type of person to forget setting something like that up, or to forget my passwords.

Is there any way around this? Any ways to retrieve a lost password? Can I uninstall/reinstall iTunes? Any help would be appreciated...

i imagine uninstalling and reinstalling itunes would solve this

rianlin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've the identical problem; I do believe it's asking for the encryption password, though in my case, could not recall encrypting the backup and I haven't entered it in Splash ID. I ended up using an external program to decrypt the password – "iPhone Backup Unlocker"

It worked like a charm. I only downloaded its standard version. With that it gave me the first three letters and the rest were blocked out with ***. The result is just as 123***. This however was enough for me to recall the password.

Refer to pro support on how to turn off iTunes backup password from turn off itunes backup?password - Ask People For Help And Get Answers, Fast - GuideMyJailbreak

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW