To jailbreak or not too jailbreak...??

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've seen allot of news recently regarding jailbreaking. I currently use a pure 4S and am on the fence about jailbreaking. I love the idea of all the possible customizations but also have concerns like how it will affect how I currently use my phone. Does it affect the way I currently have everything set up (mail accounts, currently installed apps, all phone settings...etc). I'm just a little skeptical like I'm sure allot of people are before the jail break.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've seen allot of news recently regarding jailbreaking. I currently use a pure 4S and am on the fence about jailbreaking. I love the idea of all the possible customizations but also have concerns like how it will affect how I currently use my phone. Does it affect the way I currently have everything set up (mail accounts, currently installed apps, all phone settings...etc). I'm just a little skeptical like I'm sure allot of people are before the jail break.

It won't affect anything you have set up currently. A couple of apps (direct tv for example) don't work with a jail broken phone but aside from that you shouldn't see any issues.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
look bro, if i were you i'd do A LOT of researching before you make the move

Google, YouTube .. even here

i researched for a couple of weeks before i did it and the best part is you can Restore your device and bring it back to stock just like right before you messed with anything jailbreak

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
look bro, if i were you i'd do A LOT of researching before you make the move

Google, YouTube .. even here

i researched for a couple of weeks before i did it and the best part is you can Restore your device and bring it back to stock just like right before you messed with anything jailbreak

Are you still jailbroken and happy you did it?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ha! i'm a duck of another color. i jailbreak and go back to stock too often. i really should see someone about it

anyways, my personal opinion is it is a give and take. you might compromise the fluidity of the OS or experiment battery drain but the trade off is you can make your device completely different than the next person. it becomes a personal preference

is there a shrink in the house?

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
It's kinda cool. My phone didn't change one bit. But now that I can put themes on it. It's a bit different. You can always revert back to stock like they said.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It's kinda cool. My phone didn't change one bit. But now that I can put themes on it. It's a bit different. You can always revert back to stock like they said.

Have you experienced any dramatic battery drain issues? Also, can you confirm if you can still purchase apps, music, books via iTunes?

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Meh, unless you can't wait to rip off developers by downloading free apps cause you're too cheap to pay a dollar or two for an app, it's not that big of a deal.

I've had a jail broken iPad, 6.0 broke that and I honestly didn't miss it very much.

Main thing I used it for, was a little tweak called Barrel that makes your icons fly around when you swipe through the home screens.

It did make it more unstable. Would crash a couple of times a week, but nothing that a quick restart of the Springboard (that basically draws your icons) wouldn't cure.

Last edited:

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Yep I haven't noticed any glitches yet. Battery life may be slightly worse but I've been downloading a lot of extras and tweaks, and it's constantly rebooting and re springing. iTunes works perfect.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Cost of apps isn't an issue. I don't mind paying for them. Just concerned about the functioning of my device.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Meh, unless you can't wait to rip off developers by downloading free apps cause you're too cheap to pay a dollar or two for an app, it's not that big of a deal.

I've had a jail broken iPad, 6.0 broke that and I honestly didn't miss it very much.

yeah because every jailbreaker pirates apps. unreal

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
What about future IOS releases. Does each new IOS release require a new jailbreak? Meaning a jail broken phone cannot be updated to the latest IOS without a new jailbreak for that IOS version?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal