Post jailbreak app issues

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 both running iOS 6.1 and I'm having all sorts of issues on them. On my iPhone, any app that uses the camera, except the camera.app, does not work. Instagram crashes immediately upon opening, camera+ and red laser are just unable to access the camera, the app loads but the camera just shows a black screen. The weather channel app crashes whenever I tap the map icon, Facebook crashes whenever I try to type a post, YouTube crashes as soon as I load it and that's net a handful of the issues.
On my iPad, any browser, other than safari, crashes or doesn't work. Chrome completely freezes and is completely useless, dolphin works for a few min and then crashes early edition 2 crashes when I try to share anything, my bank's app crashes and never loads, again just the tip of the iceberg.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the apps and nothing changes, the only jailbreak app I have on my iPhone is xcon and on my iPad I have xcon and iFile. I tried taking them off and I'm still getting it. Anyone else having these issues? I'm debating restoring and re-jail breaking, but I don't wanna waste my time if its going to be the same deal.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I did update to the latest version of evasi0n earlier today, still having the issues. I'm going to try restoring and re jailbreaking the ipad, my work email goes to my iphone and it appears that I cannot have it on a jailbroken device, so I guess I'm going to be SOL on the iphone jailbreak until xcon supports the latest version of Good for Enterprise.

cgm707

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how to use Cydia programs on iPad 3
Brand new to the jailbreaking thing, but the jailbreak itself went very smoothly.

I am not seeing some of the changes that the Cydia apps say they do, like a colored keyboard and different desktop look, or filling in my Apple ID when asked for it.

Also hard to tell which apps work on iPad.

Thanks for any help.

Chip

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how to use Cydia programs on iPad 3
Brand new to the jailbreaking thing, but the jailbreak itself went very smoothly.

I am not seeing some of the changes that the Cydia apps say they do, like a colored keyboard and different desktop look, or filling in my Apple ID when asked for it.

Also hard to tell which apps work on iPad.

Thanks for any help.

Chip

I had the same issue with Color Keyboard but I figured out it was my fault it wasn't working because I overlooked the tiny save button in the top right corner of the screen. Once I did that everything worked great!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73