Best jailbreak apps for iPhone 5 and iPad mini

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Alright guys,

It's that time again. Since the evasi0n jailbreak is alive and well and the response was so tremendous, we've got LOTS of people out there that are new to jailbreak running around with iPhone 5's and iPad minis.

What are the best tweaks for them to download? We'll be compiling a best jailbreak apps post soon and I'd, as always, love you guys' input before finalizing that list.

So post 'em here!

jasonleevick

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
SBSettings is still the most useful one in my opinion. I use it mainly to toggle my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and for quick resprings/reboots.
I also love Multiiconmover. It allows you to move multiple apps at a time.

Last edited:

wryun

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
The mods/apps I use for my iPhone 5 are as follows:

-BrowserChooser (set any browser as default ... I recommend Chrome for iOS)
-Chromizer (brings full screen to Chrome for iOS and other minor enhancements)
-FakeCarrier (changes the carrier name to anything you want)
-Five Icon Dock (self explanatory)
-GlovePod (control your music via volume buttons when your screen is off)
-iFile (system file explorer for iOS)
-MapsOpener (sets default maps app to Google Maps)
-MobileTerminal (a terminal for iOS)
-NCSettings (awesome system toggles in notification center such as WiFi, hotspot, flashlight, power, etc.)
-NoNewsIsGoodNews (hides Newsstand)
-Poof (allows you to choose which apps to hide, does not hide newsstand, see above mod)
-WinterBoard (awesome homescreen tweaks like transparent dock, no icon labels, etc.)

Still looking for mods/apps to allow setting Gmail for iOS as default mail and being able to set a custom tone for Gmail app.

UPDATE: After more research I now use the following
-Auxo (A better looking iOS task switcher)
-Cyntact (shows pictures in contact list)
-FullForce for Phone (Forces 3.5" optimized apps to show fullscreen on your iPhone 5)
-GlovePod (control your music via volume buttons when your screen is off)
-iFile (system file explorer for iOS)
-MapsOpener (sets default maps app to Google Maps)
-MobileTerminal (a terminal for iOS)
-NCSettings (awesome system toggles in notification center such as WiFi, hotspot, flashlight, power, etc.)
-ProTube 2 (adds download feature to YouTube app)
-Safari Download Manager (adds a download manager to safari)
-Safari Omnibar (combines URL and search bar like in Chrome)
-Springtomize 2 (A butt-load of springboard mods in one place)
-Zephyr (Swipe multitasking and gestures)

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
  • BiteSMS-replacement texting app with quick replies, themes and other cool features
  • Lockinfo-notification manager with theming and plugin options. Works with any notification center plugin
  • SBSettings-puts common setting toggles in easy reach, hides icons, allows easy access to respringing and safe mode
  • Zephyr-gesture-based swiping for switching apps, replacing home button, etc.
  • Color Keyboard-spice up the look of your keyboard.
  • Folder Enhancer-put as many apps in a folder as you want, tweak layout, theme
  • ScreenExtender-makes all apps fit the 4 inch screen
  • Zeppelin-change carrier logo

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Awesome suggestions guys! I agree SBSettings is a must have on a jailbroken device. Since jailbreak was a baby, it has always been the first app I've installed on any jailbroken device.

And if you guys can include a short description for people that might find it helpful in the thread (just in case they don't make the cut to the actual post), that'd be awesome. I know some of them are obvious though :)

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ipsum - dismiss notifications from lock screen by swiping

&

Lorem - dismiss notifications from the NC by swiping

They can both be configured to remove icon badges as well.

pdoobs

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
big fan of ncsettings, it's like sbsetting but hangs out in your notification center and looks better.
zephyr is also a must have
multiiconmover is very helpful for shuffling your apps around.
i haven't tried all of the expander apps but i know there are several that expand apps that haven't been updated to the 4in screen and i find that increadibly helpful.

spcurtis81

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Looking at your list, are you sure you wouldn't prefer an Android?
(Google everything) :)

Handsets aren't as nice. Granted, iOS could do with some tweaks which would probably make it a little more similar to Android but it would be hard to drag me away from apple products now. This is for me at least :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Mobile Terminal- Allows access to the file system and give the ability to change the default root and mobile PW (you all did that right?)
Auxo- New multi task switcher that give more functionality to the stock switcher
BiteSMS- Text messaging replacement, lets you text from anywhere without closing the app you are currently in
iFile- File browser
ShowCase- Changes the case of the keyboard letters when typing for upper and lowercase letters
Zephyr- swipe from app to app and remove the need for the home button
FolderCloser- Closes a folder after an app is launched
SBSettings- Access to all the system settings from the Notification Center and/or a preset activator action.

I use most of that on the iPad and iPad Mini plus... Retinapad- makes 2x apps work in retina mode.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ResetAllKiller grays out the dangerous Reset options in Settings.
Dashboard X puts Notification Center widgets on your home screen.
MyWi OnDemand allows you to intelligently share your iPhone's cellular connection with your WiFi iPad/iPod.
Bolt hides the battery icon and replaces it with a lighting bolt when charging.

wryun

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
@Wryun, Looking at your list, are you sure you wouldn't prefer an Android?
(Google everything) :)

I come from years of Android use. I love the stability and simplicity of iOS and prefer Google apps. Plus, the iPhone 5 hardware is amazing as well!
IMO, running native Google for iOS apps on an iPhone is the way to go. :)

spcurtis81

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I come from years of Android use. I love the stability and simplicity of iOS and prefer Google apps. Plus, the iPhone 5 hardware is amazing as well!
IMO, running native Google for iOS apps on an iPhone is the way to go. :)

I hear ya. Particularly like being able to choose chrome as default browser in jailbreak. The same ability for default twitter and email apps would be great too.

ChwyNiblet

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
  • BiteSMS-replacement texting app with quick replies, themes and other cool features
  • Lockinfo-notification manager with theming and plugin options. Works with any notification center plugin
  • SBSettings-puts common setting toggles in easy reach, hides icons, allows easy access to respringing and safe mode
  • Zephyr-gesture-based swiping for switching apps, replacing home button, etc.
  • Color Keyboard-spice up the look of your keyboard.
  • Folder Enhancer-put as many apps in a folder as you want, tweak layout, theme
  • ScreenExtender-makes all apps fit the 4 inch screen
  • Zeppelin-change carrier logo

You've been able to install plugins and themes for Lockinfo 5? I haven't been able to find any that are compatible yet, I can't even find a theme selection menu.

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Still looking for mods/apps to allow setting Gmail for iOS as default mail and being able to set a custom tone for Gmail app.

Agreed...but in researching it, don't think it's happening any time soon. Apparently the hooks aren't there for the Gmail app to open mail:to links. Sparrow, on the other hand, is able...but I'm not as fond of Sparrow since it doesn't display labels as well.

As for everything else, I'm loving having Chrome and Google Maps as default. I added Nitrous, which supposedly gives 3rd party browsers the Nitro JavaScript engine. I also installed NowNow which launches Google Voice Search via an Activator action:) [that last one needs the Google Search app installed as well]

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You've been able to install plugins and themes for Lockinfo 5? I haven't been able to find any that are compatible yet, I can't even find a theme selection menu.

I am using the default plugins with sbsettings. With the new lockinfo, anything that can be in notification center can be used as a lockinfo plugin.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The newest is not the "best"

Sbsettings is absolutely easential!
Literally a safety net.
Plus the toggles.
Therefore ncsettings should
Not be included in the best of
List, as it IS NOT THE BEST.?

Bitesms is what messaging SHOULD be. Has to be on the list.

Reset all killer is so greatly under appreciated! How many threads have we read here where someone accidentally used that reset menu??
That's gotta be on the list!

Lorem and ipsum Get rid of notifications, both a must.

Bulletin, LI or intelliscreenx, it's going to boil down to personal choices, but the enhancement to notification center makes these three a TOP Jailbreak app?

Pandora downloader. Pandora, but better, and better, oh yeah and BETTER

Springtomize2, when this app is fully compatible, it's like 13 different springboard tweaks in one! A must have.

gridlock! Why isn't placing your icons EXACTLY where you want, THE standard on ios?

folder enhancer. Folders the way they
Should be. LITERALLY you want it in a folder, it's in there!

And the theming stuff, winterboard, color keyboard,and whatever that status bar one is that I can't remember for the carrier name? zeppelin?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
These are the apps I find the best. As I say on other posts like this by way of qualification, this is purely my opinion based on usage of various apps and in no way does it constitute the absolute 'last word' on the subject. Everyone is different and their opinion is subjective.

NCsettings - Less functionality than SB settings but perfect for what I need it for, toggles in my notification centre to the major settings I want quick access to. I just do not need or want all the bells and whistles that SBsettings provides and I prefer the look and integration of NCsettings. It's horses for courses; your mileage may vary *shrug*.
Cleverpin - This disables the lock screen passcode when in a trusted wifi network (you can add favoured network to the app so it doesn't disable the passlock when attached to any remembered network)
Lockinfo 5 - Nicer look and feel to it. Like my post above regarding the two settings apps, I don't need or want all the features of Intelliscreen X, even though I do admit that ISX looks better. If you want quick access to all your social media then ISX is probably better for you.
Springtomize 2 - Customise every aspect of your phone, from fonts to 'Slide to Unlocl' bar, to status bar to number of icons on screen and in dock. Does away with a whole host of other single apps that might not play well with each other, such as Five Icon Dock, Fake Carrier etc
Activator - Adds more functionality through configurable screen gestures
BiteSMS - Replaces the default messaging app and is far and away superior. Dear god yes!
Browser Changer - Allows you to change the default browser behaviour from Safari to one of your choice. Essential even more for my iPad.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
BiteSMS - Best alternative SMS client!!

ColorBanners HD - Not iOS 6 compatible yet but also very cool if you're bored with the default white banners.

Activator - Sweet gesture tweaks although couldn't figure out how to get to status bar and lock screen actions to work.

Winterboard - One stop shop for all your theming and tweaking needs.

Sent from the collector home world.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh