Battery life

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I jailbroke yesterday along with everyone else, how has your battery life been? I'm not quite sure just yet. Seems like its a little worse, but could be be sued I've been messing with it more than normal. I'll have to see what happens in the me t few days. Anyone else notice any issues with battery life? I know that the jailbreak itself won't cause the battery to drain, I think it's a placebo effect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i know there will be people who will disagree with this but IMHO there is always be some effect on battery performance due to the tweaks we add to our devices after jailbreaking. the diehard jailbreakers look at it as a small price to pay to configure their iDevice the way they want it

this is definitely ONE of the reasons why i have a difficult time staying jailbroken because i can tell a difference not too long after setting up my jailbroken device, especially now. i have been pure for months before evasi0n and know how my battery behaves stock. i am having a difficult time trying to find a reason to sacrifice battery performance just for a few tweaks

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
i know there will be people who will disagree with this but IMHO there is always be some effect on battery performance due to the tweaks we add to our devices after jailbreaking. the diehard jailbreakers look at it as a small price to pay to configure their iDevice the way they want it

this is definitely ONE of the reasons why i have a difficult time staying jailbroken because i can tell a difference not too long after setting up my jailbroken device, especially now. i have been pure for months before evasi0n and know how my battery behaves stock. i am having a difficult time trying to find a reason to sacrifice battery performance just for a few tweaks

See, we're the exact opposite. I have a hard time putting restrictions on my phone simply to avoid finding a charger a couple hours sooner :p

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Every tweaks, no matter how lightweight, requires the processor to do extra work. And that extra work can add up. Every time you see that cool new animation, know that you're taxing your processor more than before and you use a bit of your life battery.

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Every tweaks, no matter how lightweight, requires the processor to do extra work. And that extra work can add up. Every time you see that cool new animation, know that you're taxing your processor more than before and you use a bit of your life battery.

you said every tweaks, does that include the themes?

Slammed using my GT P6200 soon, to be Iphone 5 xD

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Day one sucked for me but had a lot of resprings. Second day seemed normal for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The battery life depends on a lot of things and it shouldn't be made this basic tweaks take cpu power. These tweaks are no different from apps in the official store they just aren't sanctioned by Apple. Sure they are not all created equal and some cause memory leaks but hence I said it's more than just a basic argument. Themes are putting images over the original OS and will definitely take some extra power but the features I use are all things that increase the usefulness of the phone. The things I've always lived by is check Cydia every now and then and do all the updates to stay up to date. Any JB app I need to only run once in awhile I kill it once I'm done ie. Cydia, Winterboard, iFile Once I've applied the tweak etc why leave it running? I have never had abnormal battery drain and it's also not like it doesn't happen on stock iOS either. The tweaks enhance the device and that is the most important thing. Just use the charging cable ;0) if it makes it unstable that is a different thing then it's decreasing the usefulness instead.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The battery life depends on a lot of things and it shouldn't be made this basic tweaks take cpu power. These tweaks are no different from apps in the official store they just aren't sanctioned by Apple. Sure they are not all created equal and some cause memory leaks but hence I said it's more than just a basic argument. Themes are putting images over the original OS and will definitely take some extra power but the features I use are all things that increase the usefulness of the phone. The things I've always lived by is check Cydia every now and then and do all the updates to stay up to date. Any JB app I need to only run once in awhile I kill it once I'm done ie. Cydia, Winterboard, iFile Once I've applied the tweak etc why leave it running? I have never had abnormal battery drain and it's also not like it doesn't happen on stock iOS either. The tweaks enhance the device and that is the most important thing. Just use the charging cable ;0) if it makes it unstable that is a different thing then it's decreasing the usefulness instead.

I agree. I had battery problems with my stock iphone 5 before jailbreaking. I never got close to 7.5 hours usage. Now since i have jailbroken battery is basically the same.
I have very cool tweaks installed.
Here. They are
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360243696.451058.jpg
And my home screen
4u6ajaju.jpg

I installed this themeImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360243818.689335.jpg called limbo and it did affect my battery a bit. But I went back to my stock home screen

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2