After doing the evasion jailbreak, my time zone is stuck on GMT and when I set the time manually, it won't allow my iMessages .. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it without totally resetting the phone? Any help is greatly appreciated! I have searched for other people with this issue but couldn't find anything..
    Thanks!
    DJ
    Surzayon likes this.
    02-05-2013 09:36 PM
    i have the same issue! pls let me know if anyone knows how to fix it! I tried resetting network setting and resetting location&privacy.

no matter which city i input, the time zone would still be GMT
    02-05-2013 11:04 PM
    I had the same problem. Just set to auto and then reboot your device and it should be fine. It is funny how that happen on my ipad mini but not my iPhone 4S.
    02-06-2013 03:33 AM
    Surprisingly I thought I was the only with this unique problem, I cannot also access my iMessage via iPhone, I use an iPhone 5 and 4S and both scenarios I have faced this. Need urgent help, as this is very disturbing, ie when setting alarm. Not even the time.app native iOS time app also seems to show the wrong clocks for any parts of the world !!!!!
    02-06-2013 04:20 AM
    I had the same problem. Just set to auto and then reboot your device and it should be fine. It is funny how that happen on my ipad mini but not my iPhone 4S.
    unfortunately that didn't work
    02-06-2013 09:40 AM
    hi guys

this is the answer to iPhone 4s timezone issue GMT how to fix it here's the step by step procedure hope this will help!...

1. use iTunes plug and iPhone
    2. then importantly back up your files ( Do not forget or you will erase all your files )
    3. then click summary follow by click RESTORE iPhone....then iTunes itself will automatically download it takes 3 hours to finish downloading...
    4. when download is finish click RESTORE iPhone again and this time let iTunes do the work
    5. tadaa your time zone stuck on GMT is OK 100% legit then sync your back up files and your done!!!

first of all i made this because i want u guys to solve the problem im happy to share this answer.

thank you and godbless...
    02-12-2013 02:19 PM
    Reymon, they're looking for a solution that keeps their jailbreak.
    02-12-2013 02:22 PM
  8. Syahidatul Rizan Abdul Rashid's Avatar
    READ THIS IMPORTANT NOTICE!!

There is ABSOLUTELY no other way around this. Took my iPad Mini for jailbreaking over the weekend, somehow was not able to complete the process. Then I noticed that the time and date WAS STUCK IN GMT with absolutely no way to get it to work!! Messed up my email and calendar times as well!!

Tried every single tip that I could Google up, no such luck.

Finally called Apple Support (excellent customer service there!) and the only option available was to Restore from within iTunes.... Did that, works perfectly now...

I think Apple has got it HOTWIRED somehow... Jailbreak it, and live in a virtual time zone...

DO NOT JAILBREAK!!!!
    02-14-2013 01:48 AM
    I had the same problem.The issue is with the Evasi0n JB & that has been patched in the new update. Check Cydia for package updates in changes(hit refresh).If there is no update available, then you will have to Restore and Jailbreak again.

For Restore - I manually downloaded the ipsw file, restored as new(from phone only), Jailbroke & then restored from Old(phone) Back Up. Works Fine.
    If this doesn't work > restore & jailbreak again.
    02-14-2013 04:07 AM