iOS 6 Lockscreen: Intelliscreenx, Lockinfo, or Bulletin?

turdsamich

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Im using bulletin, i just wanted something that displayed more useful info than the standard lockscreen. Im new to jailbreak though (iphone 5 is my first iphone). My one gripe about bulletin is it cant be configured to show the date and time on the lock screen (unless i am missing something)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what a freakin joke. downloaded LockInfo again and my LS kept locking up, plus my phone was stuck in a reboot loop for about 10 minutes. restored.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
what a freakin joke. downloaded LockInfo again and my LS kept locking up, plus my phone was stuck in a reboot loop for about 10 minutes. restored.

Yeah,
I'm staying away from LI for awhile. Love Ashman but he dropped the ball on this one.
Are you jailbroken again or did you go back to stock?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah,
I'm staying away from LI for awhile. Love Ashman but he dropped the ball on this one.
Are you jailbroken again or did you go back to stock?

at this point i am really on the fence. i'm finding the only things i am even interested in anymore are Pandora Downloader, iFile and Messages+

i have Spotify Premium and the native SMS does not bother me like it used too

i don't know what's happening to me. it's definitely not like the "old days" lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I will be getting LI now Bulletin caused me 4 restarts because of springboard crashes in 2 days. One thing I don't tolerate in JB is instability. It's a shame because I really like the way it works.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I will be getting LI now Bulletin caused me 4 restarts because of springboard crashes in 2 days. One thing I don't tolerate in JB is instability. It's a shame because I really like the way it works.

not sure that LI will be any better TBH

mk3s

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Lockinfo camp. Lockinfo 5 however has suffered greatly in the features and tweakability departments but is much better integrated into iOS than previous generations of Lockinfo. With that said, Lockinfo does exactly what I want still. I want to put my notification center widgets on my homescreen (weather, quick toggles, omnistat) and I want to see my upcoming calendar events on my lockscreen. I have many different peoples calendars in my iOS calendar app and normally iOS shoves every event from each of these calendars in my notificaiton center when I really only want to view MY events there. Lockinfo allows me to view only the ones i want (ISX does this as well i believe).

What many people like about ISX is the twitter/facebook/rss/mail tabs as well as the ISX ticker. First let me say that Lockinfo has a widget for your twitter feed and rss feeds as well as the ability to read and reply to email without ever leaving the lockscreen. So aside from facebook ISX can't boast that much more additional utility than Lockinfo. The visual approaches to doing these actions are a little different but you can pretty much do the same things. The ISX ticker is a very nice looking feature with little utility as far as i'm concerned. The ticker tries to show you 1 rss article/tweet/fb post and slowly cycle through your new ones. This is slow and you're much better off going to the appropriate iSX tab or a respective app to quickly see everything new thats been happening. I think that ISX has implemented a good deal of features but not ones I really need. If i want to check my twitter I'd rather do it in a great looking, fully functional app like tweetbot.

So i would say that Lockinfo and ISX have nearly the exact same features with two slightly differing visual styles. In my experience ISX is harsher on the battery and will cost you more in initial purchase costs and upgrade fees. Let me also say that though the newest version of Lockinfo doesn't have nearly as many features as older versions I hope that the dev will start to push these things back into future releases. The missing features are what made Lockinfo hands-down a better decision over ISX.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For hard core productivity, Lockinfo will always win, but for the average user they're pretty interchangeable I think. Right now I'm really enjoying the stability of ISX—the newer LI has been a little buggy—as well as the styling, which simply ties in with Apple's UI much, much better. (I always had to theme Lockinfo in the past.) One feature of ISX that is overlooked in the post above is that it comes with a built in SMS replacement app (Messages+) that allows you to compose and reply to emails from the lock screen or within any app.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Tried LI that sucked because it ruined my nice clean Lock screen and I couldn't stand it. So I found a solution I set all of my Notification not yo show on the Lock screen. Now that I've gotten used to dismissing them from the Lock screen I can't go back to looking at them sitting there. Hopefully in a month or so if Bulletin gets updated I'll try it again.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have used both and at a point I was using LI for my lock screen and ISX only for notification center. To be quite honest, I like ISX for one simple reason: you can put it away when you don't need it. LI will always cover whatever is behind the lock screen like navigation etc. also top shelf for ISX is a great feature that I use all the time. You also get messages+ with ISX soo you have to take that onto account as well.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
For hard core productivity, Lockinfo will always win, but for the average user they're pretty interchangeable I think. Right now I'm really enjoying the stability of ISX?the newer LI has been a little buggy?as well as the styling, which simply ties in with Apple's UI much, much better. (I always had to theme Lockinfo in the past.) One feature of ISX that is overlooked in the post above is that it comes with a built in SMS replacement app (Messages+) that allows you to compose and reply to emails from the lock screen or within any app.

shoot me a screenshot of ISX I want something in particular and after trying LI and Bulleyin I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
shoot me a screenshot of ISX I want something in particular and after trying LI and Bulleyin I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.

Here's a few: lock screen (can be more opaque), unlocked, with top shelf pulled down, twitter panel (similar look for mail, Facebook, rss panels):

image.jpg

Not shown here are all the action menus—tap an item for options to open, delete, etc. Here is Messages+ which is a full screen messaging interface invoked by an Activator action or by the icon at the bottom right of the Notification Center:

image.jpg

Settings:

image.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, on the lock screen when the shutter is up does anything show? and are you able to dismiss notifications from the lock screen? This maybe my next try.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, on the lock screen when the shutter is up does anything show? and are you able to dismiss notifications from the lock screen? This maybe my next try.

Nope, the lock screen stays clear, which was my big issue with lockinfo5. It will stay visible, though, if it is showing when the device is unlocked. (That is, it will still be down when you return to the lock screen—it remembers whether it was up or down.) Yes you can delete notifications and mail too, and have the option to clear the app icon badge at the same time.

My lock with isx not pulled down:

image.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
god dammit, Massie, looking at those screenshots makes me want to give ISX another shot

i better call my therapist first

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
can you still change lock info to the "info shade" so that its a replacement for the notification center?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Nope, the lock screen stays clear, which was my big issue with lockinfo5. It will stay visible, though, if it is showing when the device is unlocked. (That is, it will still be down when you return to the lock screen?it remembers whether it was up or down.) Yes you can delete notifications and mail too, and have the option to clear the app icon badge at the same time.

My lock with isx not pulled down:

View attachment 26443

OK trying this next

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Massie, do you still have to use Popup Blocker to block native notification on the LS?

Popup blocker isn't updated but I don't think you need it since you can turn off view in lockscreen now in settings. Thought of you though because there's a bug in winterboard right now; when a notification comes in, the screen lights but the notification slider is hidden by the lockscreen if you're using any kind of HTML theme. (Statusbar icons and bitesms still work but native sliders are hidden "below" the theme.) Isn't that the behavior you always wanted?