Applocker or anything similar for iOS 6.0

comphorizons

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I just JB my iPad Mini last night, and the goal is to find an app so that i can lock some of the app/ or app folder so my son can't access it when he's playing his games on there.
So i went and purchased the Applocker, and when i tried to installing it, i kept getting the "HTTP 403 access denied" error message. And i also found out that this might not compatible with the iOS 6.xx, is that right?
If so then is there any app out there similar to this that's compatible with the new iOS?
Thanks in advance.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You may want to go the route of Guided Access, at least for the time being. The errors you saw last night were likely just server overload. I bet if you tried today it'd be different.

Do know that if you lock a folder using a Cydia tweak that doesn't mean impenetrable. I'd rather take the twenty seconds and switch the apps for them than worry about something important being changed or rummaging through email/photos. Just my .02

comphorizons

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
You may want to go the route of Guided Access, at least for the time being. The errors you saw last night were likely just server overload. I bet if you tried today it'd be different.

Do know that if you lock a folder using a Cydia tweak that doesn't mean impenetrable. I'd rather take the twenty seconds and switch the apps for them than worry about something important being changed or rummaging through email/photos. Just my .02
Thanks for the quick reply. My son is only 3 years old, i got a whole page for just his games, and my apps are in a different page, i'm not worrying about he's trying to break in or bypass it. I just worry that he might accidentally click on something that's not his games.
I'm not sure how Guided Access works, i checked it out once but not quite sure how it works? Is that only allow them to stay in 1 app at a time? I don't think that'll work in this case because he doesn't stay in a single game for long plus most of the games we got for him are trial only so they're not full version games.
So there's not anything out there similar to Applocker or FolderLock that might be compatible with the new iOS that i can try?

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is set up for 6.1. The only reason you aren't able to download it is the server load.

And you're right the Guided Access is single app. You can use restrictions to turn things on or off. But that doesn't have as many options as you may be looking for

comphorizons

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is set up for 6.1. The only reason you aren't able to download it is the server load.

And you're right the Guided Access is single app. You can use restrictions to turn things on or off. But that doesn't have as many options as you may be looking for
Thanks for the clarification, I'll give it a try later.

comphorizons

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Finally got applocker installed, and working good. But found out another problem that siri is not working, nothing came up when holding the home button. Is it because the ipad is jailbroken, that's why siri is gone?

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ehhhh not exactly, I'm sure the jailbreak did something but I've got Siri on both devices that should. I don't think anyone else has had Siri missing, is that the first time you tried since jb?

comphorizons

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ehhhh not exactly, I'm sure the jailbreak did something but I've got Siri on both devices that should. I don't think anyone else has had Siri missing, is that the first time you tried since jb?
Yea, i don't know it's weird. Now nothing happen when i tried to holding down the home button, and there's no SIRI settings in "Settings > General" anymore.
This is the iPad Mini, and when i go into Cydia, it says "iPad 2 iOS 6.xx, " at the left bottom corner.

comphorizons

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with this similar problem? I might do a restore to see what happen. Now is the backup (iTunes or cloud) will also save the jailbreak and other jailbroken apps or i have to redo it again?

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, the fun part from the looks of it is that you have an iPad 2 IPSW .. Did you have Siri on 6.1 before jailbreak?

comphorizons

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, the fun part from the looks of it is that you have an iPad 2 IPSW .. Did you have Siri on 6.1 before jailbreak?
Yea, Siri was on there and working before the jb. I haven't got a chance to redo the jb yet, i afraid that i have to redo everything all over again, will the jb and the jailbroken apps can be save with backups on iTunes or cloud?

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
There are ways to backup a list of your tweaks, they've never worked for me so I keep a note on my phone of tweaks I would be upset with losing in the event of a total restore.

Pkgbackup is the one most people do have success with but I can't claim to have gotten it to work. Besides I like my fresh starts to be exactly that.

I hate to say it but I would just restore and start fresh. Even before syncing with iCloud. I would jb and see what your device is showing as.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234