Cydia getting slammed

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You're confusing what you can do after you jailbreak from what happens when you jailbreak.

You download an application to run the jailbreak. This is the tool from evasi0n.com This tool uses local resources, your computer and device, to inject some code onto your phone and exploit vulnerabilities in the iOS software. This is done apart from any servers. The entire process is "don't touch your phone... don't touch your phone... ok, unlock and click one app... stop touching it again. don't touch it. ok it's done."

The Cydia server crashing, which likely already happened, has no impact on your computer nor your device.

Think about it this way. If you get an iPhone out of the box, you don't NEED to plug into iTunes and download from their servers to run your phone. Plugging into iTunes offers more functionality. Cydia is comparable to the jailbreakers App Store. Just because the store crashes doesn't mean anything on your phone is damaged as a result.

Hahahaha. I love your breakdown of the process.

evad3rs. Making things simple so anyone can do it.

Spinaltap

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Is the option to purchase tweaks not working yet? Trying to buy Barrel but does not give me an option to pay...don't know if I am doing something Wrong or not

Tapatalker

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been working on sbsettings all day... :( and nothing! Go to bed people so I can get my tweaks!

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Yea I don't think anyone has had any luck with SBSettings. Only stuff I've got is BiteSMS, AppInfo, and activator..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I was able to log into my Cydia account, but it doesn't show one of my favorite paid tweaks, not sure how to log into another account I might have made??

rehuxley

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Patience is a virture...I went to cydia/changes/refresh and then I was able to download activator and sbsettings. On to try more!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just had a little yellow box appear in the Springtomize box that said that purchasing was offline due to the overload on servers. I thought that might be the case.

TorrieB

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been having issues all night lol. I was trying to download Activator but no deal. Did get bitesms and like that so far. Patience is a virtue...that I typically do not have but will try my very best at right now lol

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I finally gave up on Cydia and just started tracking down all the .deb files I needed and loaded them myself. Couldn't handle the wait!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox