Cydia getting slammed

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yea. Cydia is definitely getting hammered. I can't even download as small tweak like Cyntacts without getting errors. We will just have to wait until the traffic starts to die down in a few days.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I can't even log in to begin to restore my JB apps.

I've been patient enough to wait for the jailbreak.... I can wait a few more hours for the surge to die down.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I can't even log in to begin to restore my JB apps.

I've been patient enough to wait for the jailbreak.... I can wait a few more hours for the surge to die down.

a few hours says the ridiculously optimistic poster....

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am just glad I have a cydia icon on my iPhone 5 (and soon my iPad mini).
I will keep trying to access Cydia throughout the day. I figured it would be slammed, it usually happens on every Jailbreak launch.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
But what If the system crashes ill just wait til it's cool down

You're confusing what you can do after you jailbreak from what happens when you jailbreak.

You download an application to run the jailbreak. This is the tool from evasi0n.com This tool uses local resources, your computer and device, to inject some code onto your phone and exploit vulnerabilities in the iOS software. This is done apart from any servers. The entire process is "don't touch your phone... don't touch your phone... ok, unlock and click one app... stop touching it again. don't touch it. ok it's done."

The Cydia server crashing, which likely already happened, has no impact on your computer nor your device.

Think about it this way. If you get an iPhone out of the box, you don't NEED to plug into iTunes and download from their servers to run your phone. Plugging into iTunes offers more functionality. Cydia is comparable to the jailbreakers App Store. Just because the store crashes doesn't mean anything on your phone is damaged as a result.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Did the jailbreak at about 10am and didn't even attempt to try to add repos in Cydia.
once I read this thread. 2:15PM and still can't add anything. I'm sure Saurik will be
on this even after the traffic slows down.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Managed to get biteSMS, everything else just fails one way or another.

Guess I will just have to wait for the rush to die down. It sure ain't Cydia's fault!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten 2 things to install so far, but thats it. My list of things to install is still very long. Patience, patience, patience.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
only thing I have gotten is the untethered update. Figured with all the excitement cydia servers would be slammed. May just wait and try again tomorrow morning, hopefully by then it will have died down a little.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I was able to jailbreak and download messages+. All my other apps can wait for traffic to slow down. I couldn't bare living with the stock messaging app. It's just awful.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I was able to jailbreak and download messages+. All my other apps can wait for traffic to slow down. I couldn't bare living with the stock messaging app. It's just awful.

i do kinda miss Messages+. crap i want to JB now lol

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to down load 5 icon dock and its saying theres an error with the package, and trying to install winterboard it starts but says "size mismatch".

Is this all due to overload on cydia? or am I just stupid when it comes to jailbreaking?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to down load 5 icon dock and its saying theres an error with the package, and trying to install winterboard it starts but says "size mismatch".

Is this all due to overload on cydia? or am I just stupid when it comes to jailbreaking?

not you. keep trying grasshopper

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Patiently waiting for cydia servers to get back up to speed :(

I miss my IntelliscreenX and Messages+, but I've gone this long without a jailbreak whats another couple of days?

I'll probably try again super late tonight

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2