Cydia getting slammed

Spinaltap

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I am assuming the it is Cydia getting slammed that is causing my download from there to get errors?

450 Pro FBL: 3800kv, HB-800 Fbl Gyro - Blade Ncpx

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm getting these errors.
9apatube.jpg

Plus keep getting internal server errors. Grrr!!

Spinaltap

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Duh...seeing this is my first jailbreak I was looking for confirmation something was not wrong with the jailbreak on my phone, hence the question mark

Tapatalker

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not you - everybody who has been waiting for the jailbreak for months is now trying to all access and download their Cydia app's. All at the same time. Considering @pod2g stated in a tweet that they has 2TB of downloads already within a very short time, that is a lot of people.

Just going to have to wait and keep trying. Sooner or later it has to slow down (right?).

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I shall try in the morning tomorrow, which is between 5 and 8 hours in front of the USA so it should be middle of the night where you guys are. I'm in no immediate rush but I am excited to see the new opportunities available to my phone.

For some reason, Pinhead in Hellraiser comes to mind "Why resist? You love this as much as I. After all, you made me. There is a world out there, waiting to yield to us. So much flesh, so many different pleasures. "

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm scared of downloading

Why? The repositories are getting slammed right now. Imagine a bar with 30 bartenders and 1000 drinkers. These 1000 drinkers are all shooting out drink orders simultaneously. The 30 overwhelmed bartenders are picking up orders as they can, getting them out, and moving on to the next. That's what's going on with Cydia and the other apps AFTER you jailbreak.

The fact the bartenders cannot get all of those drinks out immediately doesn't mean the bar is going to collapse. Similarly, the jailbreak isn't any less safe as a result.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Why? The repositories are getting slammed right now. Imagine a bar with 30 bartenders and 1000 drinkers. These 1000 drinkers are all shooting out drink orders simultaneously. The 30 overwhelmed bartenders are picking up orders as they can, getting them out, and moving on to the next. That's what's going on with Cydia and the other apps AFTER you jailbreak.

The fact the bartenders cannot get all of those drinks out immediately doesn't mean the bar is going to collapse. Similarly, the jailbreak isn't any less safe as a result.

But what If the system crashes ill just wait til it's cool down

Robes1NC

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Cydia has nothing to do with the jailbreaking process. It's just where you make purchases after you jailbreak. No need to wait or you'll have to go through jail breaking even after its cool for everyone else to start downloading tweaks.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

You've perfectly described bartenders hell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2