My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

keneo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel so much better now.
What a release after 4 months of waiting.
I wont do anything with my phone now. I just emotionally needed to know that my phone was jailbroken.
Whew....

keneo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Although my phone is now jailbroken, and that in itself is satisfying, I am unable to install any of my favorite cydia apps
-activator
-SBsettings
-Hands free..

Has anyone else been able to install these items?
maybe the server is being hammered right now?

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah Cydia is going to be overwhelmed for a couple hours. Theres nothing wrong other than server overload im sure.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Although my phone is now jailbroken, and that in itself is satisfying, I am unable to install any of my favorite cydia apps
-activator
-SBsettings
-Hands free..

Has anyone else been able to install these items?
maybe the server is being hammered right now?

Have you tried NCsettings? It's the same as SBsetting but better IMO.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Cydia is going to be overwhelmed for a couple hours. Theres nothing wrong other than server overload im sure.

Yes, tried to download CallBlocker and some fonts but they wouldn't download. Took me a few tries to get NCsettings to download completely.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I feel so much better now.
What a release after 4 months of waiting.
I wont do anything with my phone now. I just emotionally needed to know that my phone was jailbroken.
Whew....
I feel the same way... Feels like I just got a brand new phone today. :)

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This may be a stupid question. But ive never jailborke before. I updated via ota to 6.1 how how do I do it via iTunes if I've already updated via ota?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This may be a stupid question. But ive never jailborke before. I updated via ota to 6.1 how how do I do it via iTunes if I've already updated via ota?

Do you mean update to 6.1 via iTunes? There's no need to update again through
iTunes if you're just looking to jailbreak with evasi0n

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I hear its better to update through iTunes but i already did via ota. Now I want to able to go back to non jailbreak if I don't like it how would I be able to do that?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I hear its better to update through iTunes but i already did via ota. Now I want to able to go back to non jailbreak if I don't like it how would I be able to do that?

Just connect your phone to iTunes, make sure you make a backup, and hit the update
button. You'll be good to go.

In case iTunes gives you errors during the update, put the phone into recovery mode
and then hit update.

To put your into Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode:

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and start iTunes.
2. Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Sleep button and slide to power off.
3. Press and hold down the Sleep button and Home button simultaneously.
4. After 10 seconds release the Sleep button but continue to hold the Home button down.
5. iTunes will pop up a window that says it has "detected an iPhone in recovery mode."

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just connect your phone to iTunes, make sure you make a backup, and hit the update
button. You'll be good to go.

In case iTunes gives you errors during the update, put the phone into recovery mode
and then hit update.

To put your into Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode:

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and start iTunes.
2. Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Sleep button and slide to power off.
3. Press and hold down the Sleep button and Home button simultaneously.
4. After 10 seconds release the Sleep button but continue to hold the Home button down.
5. iTunes will pop up a window that says it has "detected an iPhone in recovery mode."

Gonna go give it a try. Thanks for the help

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

Based on the last few jailbreak/iOS combinations, it's preferred to update via iTunes in case you need to restore to 6.1 after Apple moves on.

We were stuck at 5.1.1 for several months now, and if you installed something that borked your phone, you could just restore 5.1.1 to the phone and start over using SHSH blobs, but ONLY if you'd gotten to 5.1.1 via iTunes. If you had an OTA update, you would have been forced to update to whatever was currently being signed.

For ANYONE who is interested in keeping a jailbreakable phone in the future, it's very important to update via iTunes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal