Countdown to iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak release party!

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is the first ever jailbreak for me. I've had iPhones before though but all were stock. An original, then a 3g, 4 and now a 5 but amongst that lot I had a couple of Android phones and I was astonished at the level of customisation that was available to a rooted phone.

So here I am, party hat on head and noise-maker in mouth, holding myself in a state of catlike readiness awaiting the Evasi0n website to go live.

I've done some research and I think the apps I am most interested in are Lockinfo, SBsettings, BiteSMS, possibly Springtomize 2 and some kind of call/SMS blocker as I get a few nuisance/marketing calls/text messages which I would like to completely ignore.

I think CallBlocker is the best.. It seems like its the only one that actually works and its worth the money. Especially if you get numerous telemarketing calls a day like me :/

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Cydia is getting hit hard as I assumed. At least I'm jailbroken!! It'll be running smooth once the hype dies down a bit.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering why the manage my account doesn't work boo.

Sent from the collector home world.

That uses Saurik's own server, as does things like Winterboard, Five Icon Dock, etc. It's getting most of the abuse (especially since it is trying to save 270k shsh blobs right now). That server and Big Boss will be the worst until the spike is over.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
That uses Saurik's own server, as does things like Winterboard, Five Icon Dock, etc. It's getting most of the abuse (especially since it is trying to save 270k shsh blobs right now). That server and Big Boss will be the worst until the spike is over.

Haha bummer dammit stop it people I want my crap LOL.

Sent from the collector home world.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I finally got back from lunch and had a chance to work on a few more of the other backgrounds I had in mind for this occasion ;0)

Attachments

• Evaded Apple.jpg
    Evaded Apple.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Evaded Linen Blk.jpg
    Evaded Linen Blk.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Evaded Apple2.jpg
    Evaded Apple2.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Evaded Linen.jpg
    Evaded Linen.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 29

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I learned my lesson on things like this from trying to download and install the new iOS updates on day one too.

I'm jailbroken but with regards to my wanted apps, i'll just go have a coke and a smile.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Should I jailbreak in Windows 7 or Windows 8? Does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Really you shouldn't do anything in Windows 8 except uninstall and put Windows 7 on there... :)

Joking aside, I don't think it matters but I would use Win7 by preference as it's been about longer and so more people will be using it, hence less compatibility issues. Of course, this is just an opinion not based on any kind of research or facts though.

bgeorge

May 27, 2012
Visit site
For some weird reason evasi0n is not recognizing my iphone 4s when i plug it in. Any one else having this issue? Or does any one have any ideas whats going on?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I changed my root password when I JB using Greenpois0n Absinthe. Will I have to do that again after using evasi0n?

yes you will once you upgrade to iOS 6.1 it will remove the JB and reload system files meaning reset the root password.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
For some weird reason evasi0n is not recognizing my iphone 4s when i plug it in. Any one else having this issue? Or does any one have any ideas whats going on?

Well, you can try rebooting your computer, a different USB cable or port, rebooting your phone and lastly, restoring the drivers.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

most issues will be because there are millions of people using the tool and the servers are slammed give it a couple hours and try again.

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Really you shouldn't do anything in Windows 8 except uninstall and put Windows 7 on there... :)

Joking aside, I don't think it matters but I would use Win7 by preference as it's been about longer and so more people will be using it, hence less compatibility issues. Of course, this is just an opinion not based on any kind of research or facts though.

Hehe... I have both on my laptop. I'll just use 7 since as you said it's been out longer plus that's where my iTunes is currently installed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner