I changed my root password when I JB using Greenpois0n Absinthe. Will I have to do that again after using evasi0n?

Most likely, yes.
    ewarhol likes this.
    02-04-2013 02:01 PM
    For some weird reason evasi0n is not recognizing my iphone 4s when i plug it in. Any one else having this issue? Or does any one have any ideas whats going on?

Well, you can try rebooting your computer, a different USB cable or port, rebooting your phone and lastly, restoring the drivers.
    02-04-2013 02:02 PM
    For some weird reason evasi0n is not recognizing my iphone 4s when i plug it in. Any one else having this issue? Or does any one have any ideas whats going on?
    most issues will be because there are millions of people using the tool and the servers are slammed give it a couple hours and try again.
    02-04-2013 02:02 PM
    Really you shouldn't do anything in Windows 8 except uninstall and put Windows 7 on there...

Joking aside, I don't think it matters but I would use Win7 by preference as it's been about longer and so more people will be using it, hence less compatibility issues. Of course, this is just an opinion not based on any kind of research or facts though.
    Hehe... I have both on my laptop. I'll just use 7 since as you said it's been out longer plus that's where my iTunes is currently installed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    02-04-2013 02:04 PM
    I think CallBlocker is the best.. It seems like its the only one that actually works and its worth the money. Especially if you get numerous telemarketing calls a day like me :/
    I've used iBlacklist with success in the past.

But, if telemarketing calls are your issue and you're in the US, you should consider using the government website first. http://www.donotcall.gov
    02-04-2013 02:04 PM

But, if telemarketing calls are your issue and you're in the US, you should consider using the government website first. http://www.donotcall.gov
    I did all they do is change their number and continue calling me. The government website is a joke honestly.
    F34R likes this.
    02-04-2013 02:06 PM
    yes you will once you upgrade to iOS 6.1 it will remove the JB and reload system files meaning reset the root password.
    Thanks!
    02-04-2013 02:08 PM

Thanks Natasftw, I made the original post about it somewhere further up the thread and unfortunately I am based in the UK so the US government website won't work. We do have something identical to that in the UK and believe me, both my cell and my landline are registered. The problem is these marketing companies just don't give a rat's *** either way and they say 'You opted into receiving these marketing calls' to circumvent the law. I can categorically guarantee that I did not opt into anything on that number even one bit. Anyway, a number of them are based abroad where the UK laws obviously don't apply.

I'll check out both Callblocker and iBlacklist and see which one caters to my needs better. Many thanks for the suggestions, appreciated.
    02-04-2013 02:10 PM
    Now jail broken! Yessss!

Note to self: NEVER update iOS until there is a jailbreak and DON'T LOSE those SHSH blobs!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    02-04-2013 02:37 PM
    One final background before I have to start doing real work lol
    Attached Thumbnails Countdown to iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak release party!-evad3d-code.jpg  
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    02-04-2013 02:40 PM
    I did all they do is change their number and continue calling me. The government website is a joke honestly.
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. Changing their number wouldn't change yours. That adds you to a registry they're not allowed to call. If you report there, it gets the company, not their phone number, into trouble.

Since cell phones were allowed to be added to that list, I've received very few telemarketing calls.
    02-04-2013 02:58 PM
    Why is my phone scary?

Swarlos--I think you speak for all of us. That's the problem.
    After a Beyonce halftime show for my football, your layout is way too girly for my tech happiness :P
    02-04-2013 02:59 PM
    One more for the boys ;0)
    Attached Thumbnails Countdown to iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak release party!-evad3d-tat.jpg  
    02-04-2013 03:01 PM
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. Changing their number wouldn't change yours. That adds you to a registry they're not allowed to call. If you report there, it gets the company, not their phone number, into trouble.

Since cell phones were allowed to be added to that list, I've received very few telemarketing calls.
    Sorry. I know what you're talking about. I've put my home/cell on the gov site but they keep calling.
    02-04-2013 03:02 PM
    Jail breaking my phone right when I get home tonight at 10. Gonna be up forever oh well it's well worth it so excited. Ready for bitesms again
    02-04-2013 03:58 PM
    OK one more wallpaper :0) on a side note I'm disapointed that Gridlock isn't updated to work on the iPhone 5 :0(
    Attached Thumbnails Countdown to iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak release party!-evad3d.jpg  
    iDonev likes this.
    02-04-2013 04:03 PM
    One more for the boys ;0)
    Hey Ipheuria, can you make two specific wallpapers: one of dog tags with the word "evad3r" with their logo and another one using the background on the official site plus some other cool graphic?
    02-04-2013 04:05 PM
    Hey Ipheuria, can you make two specific wallpapers: one of dog tags with the word "evad3r" with their logo and another one using the background on the official site plus some other cool graphic?
    yeah sure email I'll message U my email so you can tell me what you want
    02-04-2013 04:31 PM
    on lunch right now jailbreaking for the first time ever. sweet!!
    iRy757 likes this.
    02-04-2013 05:39 PM
    Anyone getting hash sum errors and size errors?
    02-04-2013 06:53 PM
    Springtomize doesn't work.

UPDATE: it was the repo I was using.
    Last edited by iRy757; 02-04-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    02-04-2013 07:01 PM
    Was procrastinating on jb'ing for the very first time....and then a few more telemarketing calls. I am going to do this. I may wait a few says until the servers are not slammed.
    02-04-2013 07:21 PM
    Jailbreak completed. Too many people downloading apps, makes it hard to get any tweaks done!!!
    02-05-2013 12:13 AM
    Anyone getting hash sum errors and size errors?
    I am, it's because cydia is over whelmed with buyers right now. I guess they said to come back. Hahahaha.
    02-05-2013 12:14 AM
199 ... 678