Countdown to iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak release party!

Cody Ross

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Was looking forward to waking up and jail breaking, still no info. Stay up late last night waiting and still this morning nothing.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in all honesty maybe it's best to assume it will not be out today and if for some reason it is, then great!

not sure if i would want the first released version anyways. i'll let y'all be the genuea pigs LOL

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
in all honesty maybe it's best to assume it will not be out today and if for some reason it is, then great!

not sure if i would want the first released version anyways. i'll let y'all be the genuea pigs LOL

I'll test drive my iPad 3 when the JB comes out. I plan on doing a full restore anyways :)

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
On my 3GS, JB was kind of a mixed blessing. The extras were nice, but they tended to cause issues and weirdness on my phone.

Hoping the the major processor bump (3GS to iP5) will negate most of that.

Backed up, wiating.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
On my 3GS, JB was kind of a mixed blessing. The extras were nice, but they tended to cause issues and weirdness on my phone.

Hoping the the major processor bump (3GS to iP5) will negate most of that.

Backed up, wiating.

uhhh you went from a 3GS to the 5??!!

that's like going from a VW bus to a Ferrari in terms of speed! Ha!

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a 4 and i was running quite a few tweaks, so it was a bit bogged down at times especially with winterboard and aquaboard both running, i cant wait to see the difference the new processor in the 5 will make for me!

FendrGuitPlayr

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Currently, the Evasi0n website shows that the iOS 6 jailbreak tool is 85 percent compete. At this point, a release could happen at any moment so make sure your devices are ready.

braebauer123

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope it's soon. This is the second time I lost my JB due to upgrading. The first was when I upgraded to ios5. Beyond ready for this JB. Miss my bitesms big time! Any other good tweaks?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I just donated to the Evasi0n team, figured the least I could do is buy them lunch today for all their hard work! Lets go 100%

PS: noticed the mention of MyWi as well. I've got an unlimited plan with VZW, so it's definitely worth the money to me to buy MyWi. The LTE is going to work superbly! I'm excited for that one!

gmerger

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
This may seem like a dumb question but is there a way or guide on how to upgrade from an untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1.1 on the iphone 4s to the new one for ios 6 without losing all my tweaks/cydia apps?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This may seem like a dumb question but is there a way or guide on how to upgrade from an untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1.1 on the iphone 4s to the new one for ios 6 without losing all my tweaks/cydia apps?

There's a few apps in Cydia for handling that. I've never had much success with any of them. What I've done in the past is take screenshots of all the tabs on my phone. Then, those screenshots were saved in the backup taken before the upgrade and jailbreak. That made it easy for me to go back through cydia and pick up what I missed. If you use repos other than the default, I've also taken screenshots of that page.

Cydia stores your purchases, so it won't be a matter of paying again.

gmerger

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
There's a few apps in Cydia for handling that. I've never had much success with any of them. What I've done in the past is take screenshots of all the tabs on my phone. Then, those screenshots were saved in the backup taken before the upgrade and jailbreak. That made it easy for me to go back through cydia and pick up what I missed. If you use repos other than the default, I've also taken screenshots of that page.

Cydia stores your purchases, so it won't be a matter of paying again.

Thanks! I'll do both just to be sure

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Pdanet!!!!

Not mywi!

I repeat pdanet,

NOT

Mywi

Oh yeah, did I mention PDANET AND NOT MYWI?????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro