To me everything would be fine if we still had access to the older version that we paid for. Basically the choice is, pay the upgrade fee or don't use the product :/. Even if the new product has new features, we don't have a choice to say, "nah those don't appeal to me I will stick with what I bought." We just lose what we paid for...thats crappy service...
    Exactly what I was thinking. Normally you get the option to pay for the upgrade, but if you decline, you can still use the app with the older features. This is what angers me - I either pay yet another $5, or the $10 I already paid for the app is now a complete waste because it's not usable at all anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    bakerman1 and dfwjohn like this.
    02-03-2013 07:02 PM
    I forgot how which email I used to link my Cydia, so on my 5 I just connected with Facebook. After it loaded, it recognized I had ISX- but it saids Library 5. I realize I have to pay the fee for the upgrade, where do I go to upgrade/pay the fee instead of paying the full 9.99 again?
    02-04-2013 05:52 PM
    The worst part is that in Cydia, if you go to the version intended for iOS 5 and under, it lists iOS 6 compatability. I'm fine if they do not give me new features, just give me the version I previously paid for. A warning would have been good to well before hand.
    02-05-2013 02:49 AM
    What's ironic is if you didn't own ISX before you can purchase it for $9.99 instead of $15-$25 (initial purchase + $5 upgrade fee)
    02-05-2013 06:30 PM
    To me everything would be fine if we still had access to the older version that we paid for. Basically the choice is, pay the upgrade fee or don't use the product :/. Even if the new product has new features, we don't have a choice to say, "nah those don't appeal to me I will stick with what I bought." We just lose what we paid for...thats crappy service...
    Yup. Looks like a money grab to me.
    02-05-2013 07:18 PM
    well they grabbed my money and then i decided that i do not want/need it lol. oh well
    02-05-2013 07:32 PM
    well they grabbed my money and then i decided that i do not want/need it lol. oh well

Had I been able to use the program after my 6.1 update, I most likely would have purchased the upgrade. But this is really twisting my nuts. Ouch.
    02-05-2013 08:28 PM
    I ended up paying for it just to see if I want to go back (and as a way of supporting planetbeing who I'm guessing is still involved with ISX). It's definitely more stylish than Lockinfo, but I've still got a long way to go to decide what to use in the long run.
    02-05-2013 09:39 PM
    You know i wouldn't be so upset about all of this but now they want new customers to pay 25$ for it and on top of that their are still bugs like the weather replacement locate not working.
    (which is one of the main reasons i purchased ISX in the first place)

If this isn't a money grab i don't know what is.
    Lodingi likes this.
    02-07-2013 04:14 PM
    You know i wouldn't be so upset about all of this but now they want new customers to pay 25$ for it and on top of that their are still bugs like the weather replacement locate not working.
    (which is one of the main reasons i purchased ISX in the first place)

If this isn't a money grab i don't know what is.
    $25? Are they serious? For $25, this app better come with oral treats.
    02-09-2013 05:07 PM
    $25? Are they serious? For $25, this app better come with oral treats.
    No. It's $10 new, or $5 if you already own the iOS 5 version.
    02-09-2013 05:46 PM
    When I read about the $5 update at first I was a little angry but then remembered that the cost is the equivalent of a coffee and a morning newspaper and then built a bridge and moved on. In the 4 days its been back on my iPhone 5 the functionality joys far outweigh a measily $5.
    02-09-2013 06:30 PM
    I recently just went on and purchased the upgrade. I did miss intelliscreen a lot. I also like the flashlight replacing the data button in quick settings.

Tapatalking
    02-09-2013 07:21 PM
    I don't necessarily mind an upgrade fee but I've had nothing but trouble with my iP5 & intelliscreenX. First installing caused infinite reboots but was fixed in today's update. Now ISX will overlay LockInfo & prevent me from entering my lock code. I've found a workaround where I press emergency call & all goes away but that is a pain.

I couldn't even try ISX 6 for free since when I tried to install it only allowed me to purchase not install.

I feel cheated out of my $5 upgrade fee & will probably stop purchasing Intelliborn apps.

BTW, My3G hoses my phone too. Don't know if that was the iP5 bug or not but don't want to restore & reinstall everything again
    02-09-2013 07:51 PM
    I don't necessarily mind an upgrade fee but I've had nothing but trouble with my iP5 & intelliscreenX. First installing caused infinite reboots but was fixed in today's update. Now ISX will overlay LockInfo & prevent me from entering my lock code. I've found a workaround where I press emergency call & all goes away but that is a pain.

I couldn't even try ISX 6 for free since when I tried to install it only allowed me to purchase not install.

I feel cheated out of my $5 upgrade fee & will probably stop purchasing Intelliborn apps.

BTW, My3G hoses my phone too. Don't know if that was the iP5 bug or not but don't want to restore & reinstall everything again
    Wait, you're running Lockinfo AND IntelliscreenX at the same time on your lockscreen? That's probably your issue right there.
    02-09-2013 07:58 PM
    Wait, you're running Lockinfo AND IntelliscreenX at the same time on your lockscreen? That's probably your issue right there.
    No, I turned off ISX in setting from showing on the lock screen but it still show up anyway.

On iPhone 4S running 5.1.1 I could run both apps without issues.
    02-09-2013 08:52 PM
    No, I turned off ISX in setting from showing on the lock screen but it still show up anyway.

On iPhone 4S running 5.1.1 I could run both apps without issues.
    But both have been rewritten for iOS 6...Lockinfo especially got really redone. I'd try uninstalling one just to see if it helps.
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-09-2013 09:00 PM
    here's the thing. Intelliborn knows that people will pay the extra $ because their product speaks for itself

hell, i paid for ISX, Messages+ and the recent upgrade. i know what i am getting and feel they deserve it. which is a lot more than i can say about 85% of the crap on Cydia
    02-09-2013 09:06 PM
    Massie, do you still let your SMS/iMessage notifs run natively on the LS?
    02-09-2013 09:08 PM
    Massie, do you still let your SMS/iMessage notifs run natively on the LS?
    I use Bite to show Quick Reply. Native wouldn't show for me right now anyway due to the Winterboard bug with HTML lock screens.
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-09-2013 10:30 PM
    But both have been rewritten for iOS 6...Lockinfo especially got really redone. I'd try uninstalling one just to see if it helps.
    I have uninstalled ISX, out of the two LockInfo is my preference. I missed the top shelf widgets on ISX the most so I installed NCsettings & that good enough

I just wished that the "View on lock screen" button actually worker on an app I paid twice for.

I have sent dev an email. Maybe they will update with a fix
    02-10-2013 08:38 AM
    When I read about the $5 update at first I was a little angry but then remembered that the cost is the equivalent of a coffee and a morning newspaper and then built a bridge and moved on. In the 4 days its been back on my iPhone 5 the functionality joys far outweigh a measily $5.
    Thats an expensive coffee! I can get 2 coffees and 2 papers for that price

In reality, I heard they rewrote the code for ios6, I decided to hop to LockInfo personally since I really didn't ever use the FB/Twitter/RSS features so it wasn't worth installing it again.

I liked how Messages+ was integrated in ISX but I went back to BiteSMS and just used activator to do alot of the things ISX/Messages+ did for me before. I am happy right now with my current setup.
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-10-2013 10:09 AM
    I agree, but BiteSMSjust doesn't feel as polished as Messages+.

I just think it is ridiculous that I have paid $30 for 2 apps (ISX and MyWi), and in order to use them I am forced to pay an additional $10 for the 2 of them! If I would have the ability to use my old versions of the apps, that would be a different story, but since the iPhone 5 cannot run iOS 5, then I cannot use any of the purchases.

Company's such as Adobe can charge upgrade fees for there apps like Photoshop because I am not forced to upgrade, even if I upgrade my computer, the apps will still work. If I choose to upgrade great, if not, I still have a usable product. This is what Intelliborn cannot give me.

I have been emailing back and forth for about 4 or 5 days, now I have been ignored for about 2. It is just crazy to think that my $30 I have invested over the past 3 years (I purchased MyWi back in 2009, and have paid 2 upgrade fees over the years), is wasted unless I pay another $10. Poor customer service if you ask me. I have never condoned piracy, but this is the reason people do it.
    02-12-2013 07:39 PM
    If I would have the ability to use my old versions of the apps, that would be a different story, but since the iPhone 5 cannot run iOS 5, then I cannot use any of the purchases.
    Have you tried sideloading a previous version of MyWi (5.5) or ISX? I'm just saying that in runs on iOS 6. Since you already have a license for 5.5 you should be able to get along without upgrading and paying.
    02-13-2013 05:54 AM
49 12