iOS 6 / iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S Is Ready, Confirms Pod2G

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 6 / iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S Is Ready, Confi...

The whole reasoning behind doing it through iTunes is that if you want to ever downgrade or re-restore you need the correct ramdisk, ap tickets and shsh blobs, which are NOT correct if you do OTA or update through iTunes. The dev team recommends a full backup-restore to get the correct items and then save them. It will not affect the jailbreak, but possibly other tools in the future.

As a complete noob at jailbreaking, can I just clarify something please?

If I follow you correctly, do you mean

1) Connect to itunes via cable
2) Back up phone
3) Restore the phone using that just saved backup
4) Now have the correct blobs etc in case you need to downgrade/get rid of the JB
5) Now you can update to 6.1 via iTunes

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 6 / iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S Is Ready, Confi...

As a complete noob at jailbreaking, can I just clarify something please?

If I follow you correctly, do you mean

1) Connect to itunes via cable
2) Back up phone
3) Restore the phone using that just saved backup
4) Now have the correct blobs etc in case you need to downgrade/get rid of the JB
5) Now you can update to 6.1 via iTunes

You almost got it!

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes via cable.
2. Do a backup.
3. Open this site and download the iOS 6.1 firmware for your device.
4. In iTunes hold the Shift/Option key on your keyboard and hit Restore.
5. Navigate to the 6.1 firmware you downloaded in step 3.
6. When the restore is complete you'll be on 6.1. Now restore from the backup you made in step 2 to restore your apps and data.

Last edited:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You almost got it!

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes via cable.
2. Do a backup.
3. Open this site and download the iOS 6.1 firmware for your device.
4. In iTunes hold the Shift/Option key on your keyboard and hit Restore.
5. Navigate to the 6.1 firmware you downloaded in step 3.
6. When the restore is complete you'll be on 6.1. Now restore from the backup you made in step 2 to restore your apps and data.

That link takes you to the fake DreamJB site.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That link takes you to the fake DreamJB site.

I know. It was the first site I found that had updated links for the 6.1 firmware. They are legit - I've tested the iPad 3 firmware myself.

Edit: Updated the link with a more reputable source.

Last edited:

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I know. It was the first site I found that had updated links for the 6.1 firmware. They are legit - I've tested the iPad 3 firmware myself.

I updated ota. So, I used a different computer to restore, here is my question. Should I now d/l 6.1 firmware through the website you suggest?

Thanks for any help
Beeray

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Is there anyway to get the firmware 6.1 on my main computer? I messed up by updating ota and restored through a different computer. I did a back up to my main computer after I restored. Will this solve my problem?

Thanks

Just plug ur iPhone into ur computer and set up as new thru iTunes. Problem solved

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Some pertinent tweets?

The jailbreak has NOT been released yet! don't get fooled! You will hear from @evad3rs when it's available.

DO NOT go to any website searching for a 6.1 JB. THESE ARE FAKE. Don't go there, you will give these scammers money if you do SO DON'T DO IT

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok, thanks. That will allow me to download the ipsw. Then I can always restore? A dumb question, after I download, do I double click to install the firmware? Thank you

while device is plugged into iTunes hold shift+click on restore (WIN) - browse to your downloaded firmware - then double click on it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro