Jailbroken ip4, why move on?!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so, i am unsettled. i want the iphone 5. i wanted the 4s when it came out, i will want the next genereation iphone whatever it happens to be called... only thing is I DONT...
i dont understand why i want these things!
my phone is currently (almost) perfect the way it is.
im jailbroken, untethered, i have dropped excessive tweaks in favor of "reliable helpful" tweaks.
i have my emus which let me fall back to the glory of my youth without dusting off and hooking up my gaming systems.
i have my accessories and cases, and cables, and bluetooth connections established.

so why am i not content with what i have currently???! why do i feel this need for the iphone 5???
im pretty sure i dont even like ios6 even though i dont have it!!!! but who knows, maybe i do like it...
am i the only person having this problem?????

maybe i should just get the 4s.

i wish the iphone 5 kept form, i like the size and weight of the 4.

belfastbear51

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Lol dunno know you want all these things. I have an iphone 5 but was actually thinking of selling it to get a iphone 4. Purely for the jailbreak.

Iphone 5 jb won't be out for ages

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For me—I went from a jb iP4 to the stock 5—having the extra speed and screen size have been a godsend. Also pretty great: better cameras, Siri, turn by turn with voiceover, and AirPlay to my Apple TV, which I use FAR more than I'd have guessed. I also use more of the social stuff more (FB, Twitter) but some people don't need that at all.

I loved my jailbreak and will absolutely do it again ASAP but the speed bump alone has been worth the upgrade to me.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
so, i am unsettled. i want the iphone 5. i wanted the 4s when it came out, i will want the next genereation iphone whatever it happens to be called... only thing is I DONT...
i dont understand why i want these things!
my phone is currently (almost) perfect the way it is.
im jailbroken, untethered, i have dropped excessive tweaks in favor of "reliable helpful" tweaks.
i have my emus which let me fall back to the glory of my youth without dusting off and hooking up my gaming systems.
i have my accessories and cases, and cables, and bluetooth connections established.

so why am i not content with what i have currently???! why do i feel this need for the iphone 5???
im pretty sure i dont even like ios6 even though i dont have it!!!! but who knows, maybe i do like it...
am i the only person having this problem?????

maybe i should just get the 4s.

i wish the iphone 5 kept form, i like the size and weight of the 4.

Sounds like u are like every other iPhone/gadget guy out there. We ALWAYS want the latest and greatest toy. It's natural. I went back and got the 4S a few weeks before the i5 dropped because I loved the feel and guts and for $99, couldn't pass it up. So relax, there's NOTHING wrong with u. Just a case of we're NEVER satisfied.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I handle gadgets: I keep the current tech I have as long as I can run the apps I rely on (and by extension an up-to-date OS).
This works for me because I'm not on a contract with a carrier and pay full price for the devices. Once a device can't run an essential app, I upgrade to the next version of the hardware. In the long run I go through all the hardware that the "fanboys" go through albeit with roghly a three year delay.
The end result is a system that keeps the geek in me in check and saves me money. My current setup is a 3GS which will be upgraded if iOS 7 is not binary compatible and an iPad 3 which should last at least three more years.

sameer kapoor

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Oh 3cit.......... don't worry , we are both sailing in the same boat and many others too . I am 110% satisfied with MiPhone 4 ( untethered) and then I think is this the END ? I had used various phones with different sizes upto 5" . They look good for some days only, you soon get tired using both hands while operating them . Size of iphone 4 is a perfect one and due to high resolution reading text is no problem. I only want to upgrade to iphone 4S but with untethered jb. I personally don't like the size of iphone 5 because if you want to upgrade to iphone 5 due to its size then you should wait untill it becomes really big i,e, 4.8" or 5" because in terms of size iphone 5 ( stretched iphone 4) is a half hearted effort by apple because if you want it big then make it really big .

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the 4 and skipped the 4S. I like the bigger screen and LTE is really nice. I might try out jailbreaking as I use to root my android phones. Will wait and see when 6.1 comes out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the only thing I "really need" is the LTE? and faster processor? and cameras? and?
I want the hardware, not the software

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If your on this forum your like all of us .. We want the latest and greatest and find a way to get it .. Lucky for me resell value is high

Your issue is with having a jb

If I was you get a 5 now so when the jb drops you can get it

If you wait then what if you buy a 5 with newer software that the jb has been patched

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !