Apple TV 3 Jailbreak

MrRUDAH123

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well as you all know, the ATV3 Jailbreak is being released on Feb 1st on JailbreakAppleTv.com and i just wanted to know the basic knowledge about the jailbreak because I'm unsure. Do I need a Apple account to download the movies on the ATV3? If i used my existing Apple iCloud account would the jailbroken purchases be downloaded onto my iPad(3) and iPhone(5)? Is content on a jailbroken ATV3 free?

Aj Cardwell

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I just have to clear something up, Jailbreaking an apple tv WILL NOT let you download movies, tv series or music for free! So you apple ID doesn't come into jailbreaking. What jailbreaking your apple tv will do is give to the ability to install tweaks.

One awesome tool to use after jailbreaking is ATV Flash black. "firecore.com/atvflash-black" which will let you make the most of the apple tv. If you have a lot of media on NAS ATVFlash give you a nice "Media" application that looks great if you spend time to name and place the files right. It also plays most media files not just MP4. ATVFlash also has the ability to let you surf the web, install Last.fm, RSS feeds, weather, plex, xbmc, and different remote applications.

I highly recommend jailbreaking the apple tv it just makes more use of the box.

As for the Jailbreak that was announced to be released on the 1st, I'm not entirely sure about it! I'm hoping that it's true but their has been a few let downs with this jailbreak.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the most useful thing you can do with a jail broken Apple TV is install XBMC and 1channel or icefilms, they let you stream movies and tv shows from wifi. I watch ALL the newest shows and movies for free here in Australia and have done so since I first jailbroke mine. Do the research and you'll love it once you get it all done. It took me a while but I figured it out and have even done a few for some friends.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

antinkill

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
yes appletv3jailbreak.com said Feb 1st it would be released... didn't happen... they need to quit posting garbage.. Do us all a favor a post that the 3 was jail broken once the jailbreak is released...

dovedkla

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Typical atv3 chip group. Piece of $hit group. They put their press release out there increased their page views on the web site to make money on ad dollars, all on the hopes of the jb community. Piece of crap people!

aaronq27

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Many people have reported appletv3jailbreak.com to be fake. " Any sites you see such as “AppleTV3Jailbreak dot com and “DailyGossip dot org” are fake and scams that should be avoided at all cost. There have been many reports of individuals duped by him and other scammers across the web". A quote from firecore's page. Official State of the Apple TV 3 Jailbreak, Beware of Scams | FireCore
Watch this video to learn more about these jailbreak scams. Statement on AppleTV 3 Jailbreak - YouTube

Sleepyal

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
apple tv 3 chip group is exactly why we still don't have a jailbreak. they are frauds and the real developers who make this stuff happen don't want to put the time in so that these frauds like apple tv chip group can make money on lies what a shame they should get dos attacked, they must be chinese

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe that XMBC requires you to have a computer running the XMBC server. ATV Flash black can access any network shares.

So, in theory you need a computer running to access your network shares anyway, right? What's wrong with that computer running XMBC? Same thing?
I don't have an atv jailbroken yet so I can't test it. Just got the atv 3 and waiting for jailbreak.

Anything else?

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I connected ATV flash to a NAS so I didn't have a computer running. But I see your point if you're going to have a computer running anyway. ATV flash has a web browser if you want although I never used it. I've never run XMBC myself so I have no opinion on it, just trying to help out with some differences.

ok, thanks for helping. I guess I'm cheap and XMBC is free but ATV is $30 and if there's not much difference why pay? Guess I'll just wait for the neverending date for atv3 jailbreak. :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77