1. j7469's Avatar
    So I know that there will soon be a jailbreak for the iPhone 5 with iOS 6. I also know that PlanetBeing has his broke on 6.0.2 and they are all waiting for Apple to release iOS 6.1 before they release the JB.

    My question is should I stay on 6.0.1 which I am currently on or upgrade (while I still can) to 6.0.2?

    I have read of battery issue on 6.0.2 which stopped me from upgrading already. I wasn't planning on upgrading since Muscle Nerd tweeted to always stay away from minor upgrades if you want to JB. I only upgrade to .0.1 due to severe issue with WiFi and LTE on my iPhone.

    If you have read someone specific either way please let me and all of us know. Also if you could post any links that might shed some light on the situation that would be great. I had read the ModMyi did recommend upgrading but only because PlanetBeing was on 6.0.2 and if I don't need to upgrade, I don't want to.
    01-24-2013 09:33 AM
  2. iDonev's Avatar
    Since the devs are waiting for 6.1 to drop it is almost certain that the jailbreak will work on 6.1. So it really doesn't matter whether you're on 6.0.1 or 6.0.2.
    01-24-2013 09:54 AM
  3. 3cit's Avatar
    Absolutely upgrade to 6.0.2 and no further until told EXPLICITLY to do so by musclenerd, pod2g or planetbeing.

    If you listen to anybody else, then you deserve what you get!

    But seriously, they will let people know, and then peor who see it from them will pass it forward and do forth.
    But unless you read something that is directly attributed to one of them (WITH PROOF) don't act upon any jailbreak stuff
    01-24-2013 12:49 PM
  4. bluenote's Avatar
    If 6.1 beta 5 is the GM, can we save blobs for using RedsN0w? I ask because I will be away for 10 days (I am still on 6.01 but was able to save for 6.02).
    01-27-2013 03:43 PM
  5. j7469's Avatar
    Well it's official, iOS 6.1 is jailbreak safe. So anyone else who's curious just backup, restore clean with a 6.1 and sit back & wait

    MuscleNerd says possible Super Sunday.... We'll see
    01-29-2013 07:15 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Question on IP4 and jailbreak and update to carrier settings
    By zrxoa1 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2012, 08:10 AM
  2. Semi-Complicated question on ATT iPhone purchase
    By jtravis in forum Carrier Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 08:36 PM
  3. A few questions on the iPhone and jailbreaking
    By fabthefab in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:56 AM
  4. Questions on 2G iphone FW upgrade
    By gai in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM