Redsn0w Just Boot Not Working

ClaudiaSauro

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I tether jailbroke my iPhone 4 and last week I had to reset my networking settings because my wifi stopped working. Anyways, when I did that my phone restarted and so cydia, winterboard and my other jailbreak apps stopped working, and along with those my keyboard became transparent. -.- I went on Redsn0w and tried the Just Boot but it doesn't work! It either tells me "missing.file", or "exploit failed"! It is very aggrevating and I have been trying for hours to get it to reboot with no results. I downloaded an older version of Redsn0w and it worked up until on my iPhone there was the "USB ➡ iTunes" screen. I waited and waited and still it never worked. I NEED HELP!!!! I also tried restoring it from iTunes, and even that doesn't work resulting in an error screen.:mad::mad:

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the reset option.
As far as I'm comberned,
General<settings<reset is a jailbreak destroying machine!!!

I think if you use anything in that menu it is like slapping your jailbreak in the face!
I.M.H.O if you try the latest redsnow (15b) and multiple USB ports, and apple cables only, and the 6.0 ipsw and it doesn't work, then restore as new and re jailbreak and don't ever go to that menu again!!!

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
As far as I'm comberned,

Yep, I learnt that the hard way :( though I'm surprised a network settings reset killed it but guessing all the reset commands executed are trying to access files moved by the jailbreak

ClaudiaSauro

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
As far as I'm comberned,

I think if you use anything in that menu it is like slapping your jailbreak in the face!
I.M.H.O if you try the latest redsnow (15b) and multiple USB ports, and apple cables only, and the 6.0 ipsw and it doesn't work, then restore as new and re jailbreak and don't ever go to that menu again!!!

The latest Redsn0w I get zero results, but when I used an older version, I got close! Also, it doesn't let me restore, I tried both in DFU mode and simply open, but at the end of the restore it stopped and said error. -.-

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly dude, a restore as new, rejailbreak would have had you proper by now.
But if you must go through all this aggravation, try whatever method you are using that gets you close, then use redsnow to kick yourself out recovery maybe?

ClaudiaSauro

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly dude, a restore as new, rejailbreak would have had you proper by now.
But if you must go through all this aggravation, try whatever method you are using that gets you close, then use redsnow to kick yourself out recovery maybe?

I think it's the third time I say this, restore doesn't work!!!!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well check your host files.
Check your USB cables.
Check your USB ports.
iTunes restores simply don't fail.
Especially If you're in dfu mode.

Are you using an apple 30pin connector or a third party one? Are you using a pc or a laptop?
Are you using the front USB ports or the back USB ports?
Are you absolutely positive of your dfu method?
Plug phone into Pc then power down, then hold power for three seconds, then continue to hold power and hold home for ten seconds, then release power but continue to hold home for an additional 15 seconds??
Screen is completely black, but backlit so you know it's in this method?

And the iTunes error is "-.-"??
Are you resting from
A backup? Or restoring as new?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner