iPhone 5/4S Jailbreak soon!

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there's a lot of people who don't think their iPhone 5 or 4S will ever get jailbroken. Well I have good new for you.

Two weeks ago planetbeing posted this on reddit.

"Yeah, I'm not really sure what all the doom and gloom is about. The fact is, I have an untethered iOS 6.0.2 JB running on my iPhone 5 right now. The reasons it's not released are because 1. releasing it would burn an exploit we want to save for ourselves so we can always get in to look at new firmware and help JB in the future, 2. iOS 6.1 is coming very soon and will likely break a small part of it anyway, there's no point in sacrificing the many bugs it won't break.

Anyway, where there are 4+ bugs (that it took to get this to work), there's gotta be one or two more so while jailbreaking is getting harder, reports of its death are highly exaggerated.

This is not stuff I want to say over Twitter with 140 characters because I'm afraid of starting some sort of riot, but I like the smaller /r/jailbreak community more. ;)"

Then pod2g posted this 1 day ago.

"Time for Untethered JB iOS 6.1 has about to come... Wait for 2 weeks only !"

I'm so anxious I can hardly stand the wait!!!

PS If you are going to JB I highly recommend staying at 6.0.1/6.0.2 and not upgrading to 6.1 when it comes out or at least save your 6.0.1/6.0.2 blobs before you do.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Then pod2g posted this 1 day ago.

"Time for Untethered JB iOS 6.1 has about to come... Wait for 2 weeks only !"

where? i cannot find it. mind posting a link or screenshot so people will not think you are blowing smoke up our ass

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well if this is true I will be so happy.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm always hopeful but bear in mind that the "pod2g" reddit account is only ONE day old—much like the account created on iMore: http://forums.imore.com/members/pod2g-294063/

Could it be the man himself? Sure. But don't be surprised if it isn't.
I know I should have done some detective work and not been so quick to assume it was the real pod2g. I guess I just wanted it to really be him.

Either way the JB for the 5/4S is more than likely still coming out shortly after Apple release iOS 6.1 (which should be fairly soon.)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I follow him on Twitter and haven't seen much mentioned about the JB. Muscle Nerd hasn't updated his twitter since December.

Makes me glad I kept my 5.1.1

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think the devs are rebelling against twitter because of the character limit and the genera nature of complaining that takes place...
Also the pod2g post on reddit was removed

SonOfUncleSam

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm fairly new to jailbreaking, so sorry if this is a dumb question. I've been poking around, and I've heard that the iPod Touch 5g along with the iPad 3g (the first retina model) have the Apple A5 chip (with the iPad having the A5X chip). With this news, does this also mean that this jailbreak can also be applied/made for these two devices? I remember having my original iPad jailbroken, and it was awesome...

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm fairly new to jailbreaking, so sorry if this is a dumb question. I've been poking around, and I've heard that the iPod Touch 5g along with the iPad 3g (the first retina model) have the Apple A5 chip (with the iPad having the A5X chip). With this news, does this also mean that this jailbreak can also be applied/made for these two devices? I remember having my original iPad jailbroken, and it was awesome...

Yep. The jailbreak should cover all current devices.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Two new exploits were found today but still not what they need for a public jailbreak.

vysyvu8e.jpg

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358603498.285846.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358603498.285846.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 90

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Two new exploits were found today but still not what they need for a public jailbreak.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/19/vysyvu8e.jpg

So they need one more piece of the puzzle! Great news!

I just know this is going to drop when I'm away and don't have access to my own iTunes or a computer. I will let nothing stand in my way though. Whether its a library or some dude with a laptop in a coffee shop.

I guess you are wondering why I can't take my laptop. Sounds weird, but where I'm going for the next 3 months they don't allow laptops. Trust me its a long story if you thinking why or what the. I've already explained my situation sort of once to Laelipoo.

It's Sod's law that I upgrade from a 4 to a 4s and the jailbreak that a lot of us are waiting for will drop when I'm away for 3 months for 6.1 and then 6.1.1 could drop. This is my problem peps. Not good and I need my jailbreak so bad as there is so much 3rd party software that I use on a day to day basis.

Having a stock iPhone is like have a racing car with a standard engine in.

Worse comes worse I will have to update OTA which is not great for future restores and then jailbreak my phone when I get home.

Bummer hey!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It is a sucky situation. But hey maybe if 6.1 drops Monday some miracle will happen and they can release it and you can be happy with the rest of us.

I can dream right? :)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It is a sucky situation. But hey maybe if 6.1 drops Monday some miracle will happen and they can release it and you can be happy with the rest of us.

I can dream right? :)

Lol.

Your all great here, regardless.

Your help and advise has been very helpful to me ever since the day I joined.

Biggest tip I took from you was reading the dev teams blog and then going through the comments. You do learn loads!!

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro