Help me restore iphone 3gs to ios 6.0.1 please

einszwei

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello I would like to restore an iphone 3gs so I put it in dfu mode and tried to restore it with ios 6.0.1 however I got error 1602 in itunes so I downloaded tiny umbrella and opened it and tried to restore again with itunes however now I get error 3194. Can anyone help me out please? I would appreciate it thanks.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't use tiny umbrella.
Since you did that though you may need to fix your hosts.
Use google to make sure your hosts files are accurate.

Then when you're sure that is all set, pit your phone into dfu mode, then update in iTunes.

You will lost your jailbreak at this point. And also your baseband
Might change

einszwei

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
i deleted the umbrella hosts file and fixed the hosts file so that it says 10.xx.xx.xx g.apple and then tried to restore again however now I get error 1602.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You have access to any user computers? Sometimes it's just wonky when jailbreak tools have been installed...
But Ymir should work real easy in dfu mode and restore in iTunes..
Make sure it's latest iTunes.
Make sure you are connected to the USB hubs in the back of the Pc and make sure you are using an apple cable an not a third party cable

einszwei

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried changing usb ports, usb cables, restarting computer and I still get error 1602 in itunes when I try to restore. This iPhone 3gs does not power on, unless connected to an ac adapter. If you disconnect from ac adapter it turns off. When connected to ac adapter, the phone finds itself in recovery mode and the screen says connect to iTunes. How can I fix this phone?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried changing usb ports, usb cables, restarting computer and I still get error 1602 in itunes when I try to restore. This iPhone 3gs does not power on, unless connected to an ac adapter. If you disconnect from ac adapter it turns off. When connected to ac adapter, the phone finds itself in recovery mode and the screen says connect to iTunes. How can I fix this phone?

its possible that your battery is completely drained and that everytime it reboots during the restore process it loses all information. since during that reboot time it is not technically connected to power....
according to apple Error 1604
This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, using a different dock connector to USB cable, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections. If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the white Apple USB dock connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.
If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:

Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
Restore and wait for the error.
When prompted, click OK.
Close and reopen iTunes while the device remains connected.
The device should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
Try to restore again.

so if youve tried differnt usb ports and chords your next step would be to try another computer?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711