iPhone 4 Unlocking Help 6.0.1

liammorley

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i have recently jailbroken my iPhone 4 which is locked orange UK, i need too unlock my iPhone as i'm now on vodafone.

ive followed many of video via youtube using Ultrasn0w and i'm still getting the 'No Service' up in the corner.
it's driveing me crazy, i haven't had a working phone in three days now lol, what if i downgrade from 6.0.2 to 5.1.1 would that be easier for me to unlock my iDevice?

thank you

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It depends. What is your baseband? Ultasn0w only works on certain basebands so you may have to resort to a sim interposer or a IMEI unlock.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Bryan Mason

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Liam, I have the same problem. I've got an iphone 4 16gb which I updated to 6.0.1. I managed to Jailbreak it using redsnOw (tethered) but I'm having problems unlocking it. Ideally I would like an untethered jailbreak but believe the only way to do this is by rolling back to an earlier version (such as 5.1.1) With regards to unlocking I been told that you will need to contact Orange and pay around ?20. However you need to be on a pay and go sim for 3 months before they will let you do this. If you find a way to do this I would be grateful if you could let me know....Kind Regards Bryan

Lozenger19

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Liam, I have the same problem. I've got an iphone 4 16gb which I updated to 6.0.1. I managed to Jailbreak it using redsnOw (tethered) but I'm having problems unlocking it. Ideally I would like an untethered jailbreak but believe the only way to do this is by rolling back to an earlier version (such as 5.1.1) With regards to unlocking I been told that you will need to contact Orange and pay around ?20. However you need to be on a pay and go sim for 3 months before they will let you do this. If you find a way to do this I would be grateful if you could let me know....Kind Regards Bryan

I'm having the same problem. I phoned orange to ask about them unlocking my phone and was told that it will cost ?35 for them to unlock. I even went into an orange shop and was told the same thing.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I looked into it and ultrasn0w doesn't support anything higher than 5.1.1 at this time, so if you can downgrade to 5.1.1 while keeping a compatible baseband, then you can use ultrasn0w and you should be ok.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I looked into it and ultrasn0w doesn't support anything higher than 5.1.1 at this time, so if you can downgrade to 5.1.1 while keeping a compatible baseband, then you can use ultrasn0w and you should be ok.

Ultrasn0w can be installed on IOS 6 and 6.0.1, you install a fixer from another repo before ultrasn0w itself. However ultrasn0w only supports 1 baseband for the iPhone 4 which was one of the very first ones in IOS 4. So because these guys have updated to anything Higher that IOS 4.1 I think it's was, iTunes as most of us now updates the baseband. Unless they preserved it which is very unlikely.

I had the same problem with a friends iPhone 4. You either buy a sim thingy like Laelipoo said which can easily damage your phone when you put them in, plus there are loads of fake copies out there that give you band reception. It's just not worth it for the cheap money they are. You have to buy a factory imei unlock if the phone is still in contract and its not in your name. If its out of contract the contact the phones network that's its locked to as that is the cheapest way around it as iemi locks can cost from ?40 up to ?110 which is what I have just paid for my 4s.

Here is the best place I have found for iemi unlocking. This is where I got my 4s unlocked from t-mobile and because it still had a year left to go on contract in the old sellers name. The only way for me was to pay ?110.

Check the pricing section:

Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock

I've done tonnes of research and the best way is to try the network first as they will be the cheapest. If they won't do it, then the site above is the best reviewed and the most reliable site there is I've found.

Good luck and sorry to put a downer on your day.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to say ?35 quick is well worth is guys for unlocking orange because an iemi unlock through the above site I meationed will cost you ?110.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ultrasn0w can be installed on IOS 6 and 6.0.1, you install a fixer from another repo before ultrasn0w itself. However ultrasn0w only supports 1 baseband for the iPhone 4 which was one of the very first ones in IOS 4. So because these guys have updated to anything Higher that IOS 4.1 I think it's was, iTunes as most of us now updates the baseband. Unless they preserved it which is very unlikely.

I had the same problem with a friends iPhone 4. You either buy a sim thingy like Laelipoo said which can easily damage your phone when you put them in, plus there are loads of fake copies out there that give you band reception. It's just not worth it for the cheap money they are. You have to buy a factory imei unlock if the phone is still in contract and its not in your name. If its out of contract the contact the phones network that's its locked to as that is the cheapest way around it as iemi locks can cost from ?40 up to ?110 which is what I have just paid for my 4s.

Here is the best place I have found for iemi unlocking. This is where I got my 4s unlocked from t-mobile and because it still had a year left to go on contract in the old sellers name. The only way for me was to pay ?110.

Check the pricing section:

Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock

I've done tonnes of research and the best way is to try the network first as they will be the cheapest. If they won't do it, then the site above is the best reviewed and the most reliable site there is I've found.

Good luck and sorry to put a downer on your day.

That's an unofficial fix, and can be unpredictable, which is why I didn't recommend it, especially since if an issue does occur, the dev-team will not offer any support. I do agree that an IMEI unlock, if possible, is the best fix.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That's an unofficial fix, and can be unpredictable, which is why I didn't recommend it, especially since if an issue does occur, the dev-team will not offer any support. I do agree that an IMEI unlock, if possible, is the best fix.

I new there would be a reason why you didn't Laelipoo. Lol. I take you point about the dev team not supporting though.

I have installed on 2 x 3GS's using 6.0.1 and they worked fine and still do now. Never come across an iPhone 4 with the compatible baseband. The only way to see that these days is if someone preserved their baseband right through from early IOS 4 to 5.1.1 and IOS 6. I guess there must be a few out their, but not many.

But yeah imei all the way.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I new there would be a reason why you didn't Laelipoo. Lol. I take you point about the dev team not supporting though.

I have installed on 2 x 3GS's using 6.0.1 and they worked fine and still do now. Never come across an iPhone 4 with the compatible baseband. The only way to see that these days is if someone preserved their baseband right through from early IOS 4 to 5.1.1 and IOS 6. I guess there must be a few out their, but not many.

But yeah imei all the way.

I'd hate to be the reason why someone's device got messed up is all, so I try to stick to the official guidelines, as they are. :)

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
hey can you tell me how you jail broke your phone

CMON GUY! you need to try a little bit!!

at least start your own thread! or read a few of the posts and be like i dont get this part....
a little effort is needed but rest assured we will help you.
whats your phone and ios version?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73