URGENT help needed with blocked iphone

Amo Lall

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

I just tried to unlock my iphone 4s (locked to Orange) with Cydia so that i could use my vodafone sim card in it.

However, now it won't even let me use my Orange sim card!! When i turn it on, it says 'this iphone is not currently setup to work with carrier youre attempting to use. please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked'.

I dont have access to my laptop with my iTunes on either!!! My sister has iTunes on her laptop but obviously its not synced with my iPhone...

WHAT do i do?! i am really bricking it at the moment ...is there anyway to reset the phone or anything?? your help will be much appreciated !!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi there

I just tried to unlock my iphone 4s (locked to Orange) with Cydia so that i could use my vodafone sim card in it.

However, now it won't even let me use my Orange sim card!! When i turn it on, it says 'this iphone is not currently setup to work with carrier youre attempting to use. please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked'.

I dont have access to my laptop with my iTunes on either!!! My sister has iTunes on her laptop but obviously its not synced with my iPhone...

WHAT do i do?! i am really bricking it at the moment ...is there anyway to reset the phone or anything?? your help will be much appreciated !!

did you also run the ultra snow fixer?

can you still access the springboard of your phone or is it stuck at the activation screen?

there is a way that you can "re-restore" to 5.1.1 on a 4s provided you have all the requisites. you should check that out on iphone dev blog

rayjeremyyy

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

So where are you? If you can't get pass through Activation Screen it could be passed with jailbreaking i think

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The error you get is not the usual one when your device is locked - in that case you should just get the "No Service" label on the status bar. What does it say on your status bar?

I might be totally wrong, but you might have to do a carrier update - either through iTunes (no need to sync, just connect the phone over USB) or you can try doing it on the phone itself.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What about just updating your iPhone to the latest software and purchase and IMEI unlock? It is permanent (wich you should have done in the first place to avoid all this confusing not-to-everyone unlocking method) if you can't solve your problem I would recommend you to do that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2