var/stash/Applications missing on springboard

Hackills

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had been using this 3GS having iOS 5.1.1 untethered for past 2 months without any problem.

A few days back while using iTunes, out of curiosity I clicked "transfer purchases from my iphone", and then unplugged my iphone.

Then I realized that all stock apps (settings, camera, photos, app store etc.) had disappeared from the springboard, and Cydia as well.

I plugged my iphone to computer to check the file system via ifunbox, and I discovered that all the apps in this folder (var/stash/Applications) were not showing up on the springboard, though they are present but hidden on springboard.

Can anyone please help me get those things back on springboard .

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 5
  • hidden.jpg
    hidden.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 6

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
restart your phone in safe mode by turning phone off, then while booting hold down the volume down button.
your phone should boot up into a "tweakless" state, and everythign should be fine.
if this is the case then you need to go to sbsettings and disable your various tweaks ONE AT A TIME until you find out which tweak is causing the problem. at this point, you need to re-enable the tweak, then delete that tweak from cydia, or if you are completely unable to access cydia (have you used the search page of springboard to look for your missing icons?) use ifunbox to delete the tweaks entire folder system

Hackills

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
restart your phone in safe mode by turning phone off, then while booting hold down the volume down button.
your phone should boot up into a "tweakless" state, and everythign should be fine.
if this is the case then you need to go to sbsettings and disable your various tweaks ONE AT A TIME until you find out which tweak is causing the problem. at this point, you need to re-enable the tweak, then delete that tweak from cydia, or if you are completely unable to access cydia (have you used the search page of springboard to look for your missing icons?) use ifunbox to delete the tweaks entire folder system

I tried that method of holding down the volume down button, but it didn't work for me, so I did this sbsettings> power> safe mode (does that matter how it is done?)
This switched to safe mode, the tweaks were disabled. But even in safe mode nothing showed up, all those apps are still hidden.

Btw I'm completely unable to access Cydia, have already tried that spotlight search.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What phone are you in and what iOS?
You have a rather large problem apparently that isn't jailbreak related...
Might be looking at a restore and ending up on 6.0.2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox