Apps stuck in "Waiting" mode with no help in sight

Danny Gregory

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I worked for Apple for 3.5 years. i have never seen heard anything of this sort. I am so sorry. What i would do is make sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi and then put your iPhone in recovery mode. Sometimes, what happens is an update gets started and then you lose the Wi-Fi connection and the phone gets confused. Try my suggestion. like i mentioned i have been a very literate person on iPhones for a long time, this is the last thing you can do. If this doesnt work, back your phone up to iTunes and then do a factory reset.

conzap

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey if you find out how to fix this problem, let me know, Just tried to update instagram and am having the same issues. I also have an Iphone 4 that is JB and ive tried everything.

Simbadda

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
If you use Match on your iPhone, check to see if you have any songs that are still downloading from iCloud. This happened to me recently where there were several song stuck downloading, I deleted the first in the list and the rest completed. As soon as the songs completed downloading, my app upgrades started moving and finished in a few minutes.

this happened to me two days ago. Songs from itunes match and app updates are stuck. I've tried signing out and signing in, still the same result. Syncing from itunes on the computer doesn't work, apps are stuck on "installing". Now i've restored from a backup and the problem seems solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too. Did a hard reset and even reset all settings and still my app is stuck on waiting.

Press and hold onto one of the apps that is stick "waiting" until they all jiggle. Delete every app that is stuck waiting. Sign out of the iTunes and App Store. Reboot your i-device. Log back in to the iTunes and App Store, go to the purchased section of the App Store app and re-download the apps you want to install.

nobodynew

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I also had this problem. while connected to itunes on the pc.....in the general setting under "itunes wi-fi sync" on the phone click "sync now". On my phone all but 3 apps were restored. I immediately synced again and those three apps were then also restored. good luck!

OtterWithKids

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to resurrect a two-year-old thread, but I stumbled across this because I had the same problem, and I came up with a way to fix it!

1. Open the iTunes folder on your computer and look for the folder called “iTunes Media”. Open it.

2. Inside “iTunes Media” is a folder called “Mobile Applications”. Open it.

3. Inside “Mobile Applications” are all your iOS apps. Delete the problem app(s) from the folder.
(Note: you can zip the app/apps first, if you’re afraid to delete it/them outright.)

4. Open iTunes and switch to “My Apps” (or “Apps”, depending on the version).

5. Delete the problem app(s) from iTunes.

6. Go to your iOS device and attempt to delete the problem app(s).
(Note: don’t worry if it doesn’t work.)

7. On your computer, go to the App Store and re-download the problem app.

8. Make sure the newly re-downloaded app is set to sync with your iOS device.

9. Sync.

I can’t guarantee this will work for everyone, but it worked for me! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox