I've got Cydia but my still no service.

nodgie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3GS which I've being trying desperately to unlock. At the moment I have iOs 4.1 installed, I can access all my icons, use WiFi, and have Cydia, however when I insert either my O2(UK) sim or LycaMobile sim it still reads No Service. I used RedSn0w to unlock it. Any help would be greatly recieved.

Device info : (from Settings > About)
Version: 4.1 (8B117)
Model:Mc131B
Modem Firmware: 06.15.00

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The issue is redsn0w jailbreaks, not unlocks. Ultrasn0w which is available in Cydia can unlock. They are two different things. Simply installing Cydia won't unlock if you don't install ultrasn0w or the right apn for your carrier.

You have the iPad baseband so you should be ok once you install ultrasn0w but you will lose your gps.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Stef3anie

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
They are two different things. Simply installing Cydia won't unlock if you don't install ultrasn0w or the right apn for your carrier.
18.jpg

13.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

nodgie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I applied to O2 for the unlock code, they should send it as the handset is now out of contract. Fingers crossed. thanks for replies

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I applied to O2 for the unlock code, they should send it as the handset is now out of contract. Fingers crossed. thanks for replies

I’m confused. I’ve heard all along that European GSM phones were all sold unlocked - apparently that is not true?

nodgie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The issue is redsn0w jailbreaks, not unlocks. Ultrasn0w which is available in Cydia can unlock. They are two different things. Simply installing Cydia won't unlock if you don't install ultrasn0w or the right apn for your carrier.

You have the iPad baseband so you should be ok once you install ultrasn0w but you will lose your gps.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

I installed Ultrasn0w from inside Cydia, inserted my sim but it still reads No Service. I swiched Airplane mode on/off, still no Service. Just to clarify: iOS version:4.1 Base band:06.15.00

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
google how to get into DFU mode, open up the redn0w version that matches your current iOS, somewhere in there is an option to install ipad baseband, choose that and let it do it's thing.

nodgie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
google how to get into DFU mode, open up the redn0w version that matches your current iOS, somewhere in there is an option to install ipad baseband, choose that and let it do it's thing.

Thaks for the response. I know how to go into DFU mode, doing some googling I found that I need RedSn0w 0.9.9, can anybody point me to a download link?

Edit: I found it : http://www.idownloadblog.com/iphone-downloads/

I hope this is useful to someone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods