Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 iPhone 4S?

uberjam545

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had rooted my android and now I'm ready to start messing with my shiny iPhone 4S that I got in August. I'm a bit confused right now though, is there a working jail break for my phone (in title) or can I downgrade to 5.1 if I've never had it jail broken before and don't have the SHSH files?
I'd prefer to have it untethered but if there's nothing but tethered versions out there for me I'd maybe be willing to go that route. Not sure what semi-untethered is.

Thanks.

uberjam545

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have an idea when one might surface? I suppose I should hold off on 6.1 then when that gets released some time. I'm actually not having problems with my current version any way.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Bummer not even a tethered version huh? I did some different apps and ROMs on android maybe I'll find a dev team and start to try cracking at one, I have way to much time on my hands.

Just gonna start cracking at ios and jailbreak it for us all!
Thank you, thank you very much :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an idea when one might surface? I suppose I should hold off on 6.1 then when that gets released some time. I'm actually not having problems with my current version any way.

There hasn't been even a whisper, really. Apple stepped up their security game with iOS 6 and their newer devices. But if you have applicable skills I say dive in! The community of people working on this stuff is incredibly small right now.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Let me clear that up, I mean in terms of being able to hail break sooner.

Generally speaking it's always a good idea to hold off for a few days to see if there is anything from the jb community, but so far all has been disconcertingly quiet on that front since 6.0 was released. It seems likely that if there's a glimmer of hope you'll hear a simple "don't update" message making the rounds, but maybe not much more.

evolusion

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There is a way to downgrade the version of iOS you are running.. There was a YouTube video on it somewhere.. You just need to download the version you want and trick itunes into installing the version you tell it too.. I did it a while back when I updated and a jailbreak wasn't available..

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There is a way to downgrade the version of iOS you are running.. There was a YouTube video on it somewhere.. You just need to download the version you want and trick itunes into installing the version you tell it too.. I did it a while back when I updated and a jailbreak wasn't available..

I thought you needed your SHSH blobs from 5.1.1 to downgrade. Has this changed?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought you needed your SHSH blobs from 5.1.1 to downgrade. Has this changed?

No, it hasn't. The person above you probably did it while Apple was still signing the other firmware. If you don't have the SHSH--and the OP doesn't--you can't do it after that window closes.

orikadi

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got an iPhone 4s today and im glad I finally found some place that explains the situation...

My question is this: If I get free games, or games from my father's account (He uses a legit iPad 2), and then sometime an ios 6 to 5.1.1 downgrade or a 6.0 jailbreak comes out, will I have to restart my iPhone 4S to jailbreak it and lose all the data i had on it?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Got an iPhone 4s today and im glad I finally found some place that explains the situation...

My question is this: If I get free games, or games from my father's account (He uses a legit iPad 2), and then sometime an ios 6 to 5.1.1 downgrade or a 6.0 jailbreak comes out, will I have to restart my iPhone 4S to jailbreak it and lose all the data i had on it?

This comment concerns me on a number of levels.
Jailbroken iDevices are legit.
Free as in pirated or free as in it's free on app store?
Piracy sucks. Don't steal
And you lose game data when you restore as new, but not when you restore from
Backups.
The last jailbreak didn't require you to restore to
Jailbreak so no game data was lost.

orikadi

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How the hell are Jailbroken devices legit?
I ment free games from the app store OR games my dad bought with his account thats used on his iPad 2.
And thats fancy saying pirating sucks when you have a pirate flag as your avatar.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
How the hell are Jailbroken devices legit?
I ment free games from the app store OR games my dad bought with his account thats used on his iPad 2.
And thats fancy saying pirating sucks when you have a pirate flag as your avatar.

Well, clown, if your dad bought them, then they werent free were they?
And just because of the term "jailbreak" people like you assume that something illegal or illegitimate is going on. But that is simply not true for "ALL" jailbreakers, especially this particular forum. Jailbreaking is freeing a device from restraints placed upon it. Restraints such as needing to go to settings to toggle everyday options, or a messaging app that forces you to stop everything you are doing just to reply.... In my opinion, a jailbroken device is MORE legitimate than a "crippled" non jailbroken device

And I am quite aware of my very specific and very purposeful avatar.

Also, did I mention you are a clown?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys. Lets not argue.

?jb iPhones are perfectly legal. Jailbreaking and pirating are two very different things. There is plenty of documentation out there to read if you're interested; try searching for "jailbreak dmca" or something similar.

?as stated above we can't know what a new jailbreaking will require until it's released.

?please don't stoop to name calling on the forums; it makes the Android forums laugh at us.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW