Jailbreak should one do it what are the dangers

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a iPhone 4S and an iPad 4 th generation. Is jail breaking a good thing will there be issues?
Does it run faster? Or will it act weird? What are the pros and cons. Thanks

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
There are quite a few treads about this. I'd really suggest performing a search for 'jailbreak'. There is a lot of good information about it on these forums ;)

AlanJolin

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
In my own honest opinion, Jailbreaking is really a personal choice, there are no dangers in doing it. I did some really dumb things with my 3g and 'crashed it and had to restore with custom ipsw ( due to 06.15 baseband on 4.2.1) but always restored it. Mainly you can unlock it but speed either way no noticable difference, and you can customise your device a lot more Jailbroken.
I used to just fool around with the root files and delete unused stock apps langauge packs which will speed the device up. I JB'ed 3g 3gs 4 4s all ok.

Alan

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are comfortable with a computer to the extent you can root around in a Windows registry and manually tweak stuff then jalbreaking is probably something you can accomplish.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't like jailbreaking, personally. I've tried it a few times and the issues that came up were not worth the "cool" tweaks available. It slows down the overall experience and can cause some applications to stop working entirely. Unless there is just something you absolutely need to jailbreak for, I would avoid it.

carrkevinu

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
There is a lot of good information about it on these forums
a117.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't like jailbreaking, personally. I've tried it a few times and the issues that came up were not worth the "cool" tweaks available. It slows down the overall experience and can cause some applications to stop working entirely. Unless there is just something you absolutely need to jailbreak for, I would avoid it.

not exactly.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If you are comfortable with a computer to the extent you can root around in a Windows registry and manually tweak stuff then jalbreaking is probably something you can accomplish.

What he said.

It also depends on what you want. The more you bog your phone down with jailbroken apps and tweaks, it will run slower and some apps will crash. I have a homescreen tweak, a lock screen tweak, FakeCarrier and a few other tweaks installed and my phone runs fine Some stock apps also will not work after you JB. The only one I've had a problem with is the DirecTV app and there is a workaround, but I'm too lazy to install it.

As long as you don't get in over your head with editing registries or download a malicious repository from Cydia, you'll be fine. I jailbroke my 4s the day it came out and have delayed updating to iOS6 because of the lack of jailbreak for that OS. I won't ever have an unjailbroken iPhone again.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I used to have doubts about jailbreaking my device in the past as well, worrying about the performance or afraid of having problems. Turns out, only good things come out of JBing :) dont get too loaded with useless or fancy tweaks and u wont run into any problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73