unable to download iso firmware files

jrjuice

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone,this is new to me, can any one help me, i been trying to jailbreak my iphone 4 with iso 6.0.1 tethered version using redsn0w, when i download the firmware to my pc ,it always comes up as file not encrypted, then i can not locate the firmware when i select ipsw using redsn0w, any help would be great,thanks

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What exactly do you do to bring up that message? When you download the IPSW, you don't do anything with it directly, just point redsn0w to it.

Oh, and FYI, there are no .iso files in the iOS/Mac world. The .ipsw is the .iso

jrjuice

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the reply, i should add this is my first iphone and this stuff may be over my head, when i save the firmware to my desktop it is a zipped file, when i try to extract the folder there is a windows pop up saying, there is a problem encrypting this file, would you like to copy the file anyways, after saying yes it breaks the folder to my desktop with 3 or 4 different documents, then when i get to the point of using redsn0w and select ipsw, i cant open the firmware file to go to the next step, I hope this makes sense how im describing it, thank again

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to unzip anything. Some browsers save the ipsw as a zip file for some reason. Try downloading the file with a different browser, or just change the .zip extension to .ipsw

jrjuice

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
thanks massie , u got me thur that step by usuing another browser, i was able to download jailbreak fileto iphone but when i went back to JUST BOOT, an error came up for MISSING PLIST KEYS for this build, i already tried putting it in dfu mode with redsn0w turn off, still have same error, i also tried different version of redsn0w, still no luck,

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
just seen what i did wrong , finally have jailbreak, thanks guys

Can you tell us all what you did to correct this issue? A lot of people are having the missing keys plist error!!!!

Please tell us what you did wrong, and how you fixed it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods